Arancini Review
  Re: (...)
Isn't today the day? I hope so or I'm going to feel real dumb posting this.

Anyway, I used Jean's recipe for arancini and made about 1 1/2 times the recipe. We had company in and out all day and by evening they were gone! Dee-lish!!

I made the risotto in the morning, so it was cold and sticky to work with. I just added the remaining ingredients, rolled them into golf ball size balls, then a quick toss in the panko and put them on the cookie sheet to go into the oven. I thought they were quick and easy to make and the recipe tasty and actually much lighter than I thought they were going to be. They re-heat well also. DH and SIL ate them with hot sauce. Jean, I can just see you cringing!

Will definately make these again.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Arancini Review by Mare749 (Isn't today the day?...)
Good on you for remembering!!!

Well, as you may remember, I mistakenly made it with orzo. No problem. Rolling them into balls was a biotch, but once in the fridge, they were easy to roll again, and roll in the egg whites, bread etc. I did some with my my mushroom / bechamel mixture, they were really rich. Probably won't do that again. I made the ragu, but someone ate most of it, so I did chopped tomatoes, basil, and fresh buffalo moxxarella. They were all obsolutely incredble. I took leftovers in to work, and they zapped them, and they were still great. For me, this is a 12.9, and I will definitely make them again.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Arancini Review by Lorraine (Good on you for reme...)
Oh, I'm not cringing, I'd be dipping in Sweet Chili Sauce,myself!! Glad you liked them.

Time has just gotten away from me for the first time with these dinners, darn it, but since I'd already made mine ( ), I can say, I absolutely love them!! But, I had been planning on trying the Soprano ones, and I will another day.

Are we ready to pick another dinner???? Someone start thinking of something. I hope it will be a rather simple choice, since we'll be in the trailer and that darn stove is not the best in the world. But, I'm game to try anything!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Arancini Review by cjs (Oh, I'm not cringing...)
Bumping this up, hoping for more reviews!
Maryann

Re: Re: Arancini Review by Mare749 (Bumping this up, hop...)
I sure hope more people try them, if they haven't already, they were good!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Arancini Review by Lorraine (I sure hope more peo...)
I thought so too, Lorraine, and was really hoping that somebody had made the Soprano's recipe and would tell us about it. So....bumping this up again!
Maryann