:smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!!
  Re: (...)
No, not me,. Him!!! CBS Morning Show in charlottesvile is featuring award winning restaurants in the Charlottesville area the week of February 19th. On Friday, February 23rd, the Lafayette Inn will be featured. It will be divided into 3 segments, a tour of the Inn, which dates back to 1840, a cooking segment, then the eating segment. To say that he is excited about it is an understatement. The tv station doesn't know if their satellite thingy will work that far from Charlottesville, so he may have to cook at the station.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: :smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!! by Lorraine (No, not me,. Him!!!...)
Lorraine, what exciting news! I'm going to check right now to see if we have a CBS morning show here in Ohio, and I'll mark that on my calendar. Thanks for telling us about this and Big Congrats!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: :smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!! by Lorraine (No, not me,. Him!!!...)
Well for heaven's sake! I'll have to check and see if I get it too. I know you talk frequently, so tell him I said congratulations!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: :smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!! by bjcotton (Well for heaven's sa...)
HE'S A MOVIE STAR! I'm marking this on my calendar but please keep reminding us, Lorraine. I can't wait to see the cutie on tv. Congratulate him from me.

Wow, the Lafayette is going to be the next Inn at Little Washington!

Edited to add: Congratulate Kay and Alan for me, too. They must be over the top!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: :smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!! by Half_Baked (HE'S A MOVIE STAR! ...)
It's only local, so I don't think anyone outside of Virginia will get to see it. The owners, Kaye and Alan, are dancing a jig, this is great free advertising for them!!!! And, they've all worked really hard for it!
  Re: Re: :smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!! by Lorraine (It's only local, so ...)
Yes, they have worked hard for it. Have they finished the 3rd and 4th floor yet? I'm so excited for all involved.

Heaven knows they went through several chefs before they found the right one!
Jan

Re: Re: :smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!! by Lorraine (It's only local, so ...)
That's fantastic! I marked it on my calender, but I'm a bit outside of that area. So you think it's only local?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: :smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!! by pjcooks (That's fantastic! I...)
Yup, local only. Karen (dollop) lives really close by, but she hasn't been on the boards in ages. Anyone know how / where she is?
  Re: Re: :smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!! by Lorraine (Yup, local only. Ka...)
darn, wish we could all see it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: :smile; A TV Star Is Born!!!! by cjs (Damn, wish we could ...)
I just saw it and Gil is unbelieveable! It's like he's been on tv all his life.

He is so calm, cool and collected...amazing!
Jan