Next Dinner
  Re: (...)
Is anyone up to trying something out of the new pasta one????
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Next Dinner by Lorraine (Is anyone up to tryi...)
I'm ready...y'all have to choose. No book here.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Yes, I'll need to see the recipe also, 'cause I don't think I brot the book with me....choose!! CHOOSE!! NOW. signed anxious...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'd lean toward something in the "Classic" section, particularly something without tomato (I've had so much of that recently that my cheeks are red and my hair is green). However, I can tell that many here have more exotic tastes than mine, so don't let me sway your choice.
  Re: Re: Next Dinner by Ron (I'd lean toward some...)
I don't have the book yet, but would like to try whatever is selected. Ron, I'm chuckling as I read your post, because I know at least at my house, our taste isn't all that exotic. DH is pretty much a meat and potatoes kind of guy and I lean toward warm comfort foods like soups and stews. It's been a lot of fun trying recipes, comparing notes and learning from each other.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Next Dinner by Ron (I'd lean toward some...)
Hey now, how exotic is PeanutButter & Honey sandwich with a can of V8????

I'm in for anything....just someone choose.

No, not someone, how 'bout we put Lorraine on the spot - she started the thread. C'mon, Lorraine your turn. (and probably next month we'll get our heads together and pick on Ron... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Next Dinner by cjs (Hey now, how exotic ...)
That'll teach me to open my mouth!!!! OK, here's some ideas. I like Ron's idea of the classics,and we'll stay clear of the tomatoes for him. The mag has side bars on how to make the dishes lighter. Always a good thing!

Chicken Carbonara
It has toasted breadcrumbs, walnuts, and peas.

Tagliatelle with Peas and Prosciutto

Wild Mushroom Pappardelle
The recipe for this one is posted here.

Scallop Picata
Crispy panko coated scallops with a full flavoured lemon sauce. Chef Anonymous will want this one!!!!

Salmon with Vodka-Lemon Pasta
The salmon has a crumb crust on it and is baked.

I'll make any of them. I just love pasta!
  Re: Re: Next Dinner by Lorraine (That'll teach me to ...)
Wow, they all sound good to me, so whatever you decide on Lorraine, I'm sure we will enjoy any of them.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Next Dinner by Mare749 (Wow, they all sound ...)
I'm leaning towards the chicken or the scallops.
  Re: Re: Next Dinner by Lorraine (I'm leaning towards ...)
The Carbonara sounds really good to me, as does the Tagliatelle, but I'm flexible on any of the suggestions.