Smart Carb Cooking
  Re: (...)
Welcome ChefRobert. Have you tried the Cusine at Home SmartCarb Cooking cookbook. We have found many good recipes in it. I especially like some of the sides/vegi dishes. Dressing up vegtables to bring in some really good flavors.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Smart Carb Cooking by esgunn (Welcome ChefRobert. ...)
Geez, where have I been? I didn't know they had one! Thanks, Rein!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Smart Carb Cooking by Lorraine (Geez, where have I b...)
LOL, I haven't either, Lorraine!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Smart Carb Cooking by esgunn (Welcome ChefRobert. ...)
Hi: Being new, I did not know about the book, but will check into it. I have been using places like Laura Dolson glide to low carb diets on About.Com, and Linda's Low Carb site. As I said, from May of 06 to present I have lost 6 inches around the waist and 70 lbs. Have not felt like I am on any diet. Also I watch Blaines on FitTv's program on low carb cooking. I have down loaded list of low carb vegetables to use, but carrots are not the best for low carb. I have been able to make Flax Meal Pizza Crusts which are quite good. Then putting together recipes, adding and subtracting ingredients I have a bread recipe (based on quick bread) which I use for toast and sandwichs. Anyway thanks for the information about the book as all information helps. One thing more, my cholesterol went from high to very normal. Blood pressure runs 121/70, energy level is high and feel great now that the weight is gone. The Wife said that I lost the poisoned pup look. Chef Robert.
  Re: Re: Smart Carb Cooking by ChefRobert (Hi: Being new, I did...)
Good for your Robert, a great achievement! And welcome.
  Re: Re: Smart Carb Cooking by vannin (Good for your Robert...)
I am thinking that it's time to go back on the plan - but with some modifications, I can't eat a ton of soy based stuff anymore. I really feel better when I eat low carb, and they are recommending a "whole food" diet limiting refined carbs and sugars for those who have cancer. It seems cancer cells really like those doughnuts and sweets - they need a lot of energy to grow. I say starve the little b@$tards!

Robert I have a lot of low carb recipes and when I get them a little better organized I'll post some for you.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Smart Carb Cooking by Harborwitch (I am thinking that i...)
I have read Sharon, that too much soy is counter productive to ones good health.
  Re: Re: Smart Carb Cooking by vannin (I have read Sharon, ...)
Yeah! All this crap about how wonderful soy is is really crap. Breast cancer patients aren't supposed to take soy supplements, consume lots of soy if they have estrogen receptor positive tumors (mine was) - soy has a strong estrogenic effect.

It's too bad that it's still being promoted as a miracle food! Liars.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Smart Carb Cooking by Harborwitch (Yeah! All this crap...)
Yes Sharon, I agree, I didn't want to be too vehement about it in case I upset a soy devotee. Soy was supposed to be the miracle food in the 60s and 70s. People were beginning to wake up to its wider implications by the 80s. I would be mightily interested to know how the babies and small children who were given it routinely in hospitals in that period are now progressing. It would be a very interesting study. I would think the honeymoon is well and truly over.