You Poor Poor People
  Re: (...)
that don't have Culinary Artistry! For those of you fortunate enough to possess it, check out Risotto d'Oro on pages 360 & 361. I was "browsing" through it again today and saw that recipe...whoooooooeeeeee that sounds good! Hee, hee, if y'all that don't have it say "pretty please" I could be convinced to post it for ya.....
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: You Poor Poor People by bjcotton (that don't have Culi...)
I couldn't agree more, this really is a wonderful book. So glad Jean recommended it. I pick it up every day. Going to check out that risotto recipe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: You Poor Poor People by Mare749 (I couldn't agree mor...)
Just looked at that recipe. It sounds great, but you know what this means, don't you? It time to buy a juicer!!
Maryann

Re: Re: You Poor Poor People by Mare749 (I couldn't agree mor...)
Last year I juiced some carrots and celery...what an amazingly delicious flavor they have. I hadn't anticipated the BLAST of sweet flavor from the carrots and it about knocked me off my chair. I anticipate doing it again this year.

Billy
  Re: Re: You Poor Poor People by bjcotton (Last year I juiced s...)
I've ruined many outfits by juicing carrots... but they are soooo good.

Culinary Artistry is right on my night table.

May I suggest a Jack LaLanne juice. It's very powerful and has a large tube to put fruits and veggies into.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: You Poor Poor People by Half_Baked (I've ruined many out...)
Thanks Jan, that was my next question. I'll have to add this to my wish list. I keep putting things on my wish list, then when I can't stand it, order them anyway. I really have to stop that since I was laid off at the end of September and still haven't been called back yet. It's been a nice vacation, but I'm kind of missing that paycheck.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: You Poor Poor People by Mare749 (Thanks Jan, that was...)
http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/ind...yO_TPkH8dbrLvDQ

This is the one I have but I didn't get it at Macy's and it was a little less dollarwise.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: You Poor Poor People by Half_Baked ([url=http://www.macy...)
I have a JuiceMan Jr. that runs about $50, works just fine for me.

Billy
  Re: Re: You Poor Poor People by bjcotton (I have a JuiceMan Jr...)
Thanks Jan and Billy. It will have to go on my wish list for Mother's Day or my birthday (both in May), which is fine because the girls are always asking me what I want and I never know what to tell them. Last year, I told them I wanted the steamer. They were thrilled and so was I.
Maryann

Re: Re: You Poor Poor People by Mare749 (Thanks Jan and Billy...)
I'm surprised no one has asked for the recipe.

Have you used your double-decker steamer for veggies yet Maryann? Sometimes I'll just make a hamburger pattie, then fill both containers with veggies, steam them and that'll be supper...or sometimes just the veggies and make a cheese sauce.

Billy