Alas...it is done....
  Re: (...)
Well...that's it..it's done. I had my last night of school last night. Part of me wants to laugh and dance and another part wants to cry. I'm going to miss hanging out with my friends and the busy hectic schedule. The other part will not miss the 2 hour drive there and 2 hours back not to mention some of the other students I couldn't give a rats arse about.

I'll miss the instructors and wondering what tip, trick or technique will I learn tonight.

What a wonderful journey it's been and if anyone has the oppoturnity to do it, go for it. It was worth everything I put into it

I wanted to say thank you to each of you. You have all been so supportive!! Offering advice when I needed it, encouraging me, and listening to my rants and nodding appropriately. You all have been such a support system **hugs all around**
  Re: Alas...it is done.... by DFen911 (Well...that's it..it...)
Congratulations Chef Denise! We can call you that now, right?? I hope you are celebrating your little heart out this weekend, you really deserve it. Please keep us posted on all your exciting doings and what you're cooking, and most of all have fun!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Alas...it is done.... by Mare749 (Congratulations Chef...)
Have you sent off your entry for the Cannes Film Festival yet? I am so happy for you Denise and know you'll have a great future!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Alas...it is done.... by bjcotton (Have you sent off yo...)
Congratulations, you have done it all brilliantly! How excited everyone must be since you came out of the start gate with a huge 'BOOM'. Don't forget us when you open your own restaurant.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Alas...it is done.... by Half_Baked (Congratulations, you...)
....and more congratulations on such a huge undertaking, so very well done. But, I am glad it is done, you can't keep up that pace for too long a time Denise. Time for a good rest I think.
  Re: Alas...it is done.... by DFen911 (Well...that's it..it...)
It is a double-edged sword, isn't it, Denise?? What fun it was...what hard work it was!!

Now that you've completed yours, I'm living vicariously thru Tracie and the classes she's taking.

I'm with you - if anyone has the slightest inclination towards going to school, I sure hope they act on it!!

Congrats again!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Alas...it is done.... by vannin (....and more congrat...)
BUT the AA's are coming up---NO rest for the wicked, or high achievers!!! GOOD ON YA GIRL!!!! I feel as though I have an offspring that has succeeded in her quest---SO VERY PROUD!!! See---hard work and tenacity always pays off----I have always been an advocate of that and.......Now you should be able to enjoy the benefits of your struggle!!! Don't forget us peons, we will continue to root and support your efforts!!! :trophy:
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy