Want to Exchange Cookbooks?
  Re: (...)
I saw the Secret Recipes II at the used bookstore and grabbed it. When I got home it was all low-fat, etc. Y'all know I just can't tolerate that low-fat, no-fat stuff. If I had to I could convert the recipes into hi-fat recipes, but maybe somebody wants this one.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Want to Exchange Cookbooks? by bjcotton (I saw the Secret Rec...)
It's booze, beef, and butter here darlin'. No low fat anything in this boat! We buy heavy cream by the half gallon!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Want to Exchange Cookbooks? by Harborwitch (It's booze, beef, an...)
You can send it here, darlin. Right now, I need all the help I can get. Anything you want from here???
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Want to Exchange Cookbooks? by Lorraine (You can send it here...)
Oh I'll think of something Lorraine. I'll put it in the next box. The last one went out on the 15th with 3-5 days for delivery.

Billy
  Re: Want to Exchange Cookbooks? by bjcotton (I saw the Secret Rec...)
Quote:

I saw the Secret Recipes II at the used bookstore and grabbed it. When I got home it was all low-fat, etc. Y'all know I just can't tolerate that low-fat, no-fat stuff. If I had to I could convert the recipes into hi-fat recipes, but maybe somebody wants this one.

I'm with you Billy. I use butter, cream, sour cream, bacon etc. and just eat small portions. I found I wasn't satisfied with the lo-fat, no-fat stuff.
  Re: Re: Want to Exchange Cookbooks? by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Yeah Ron, something like 98% fat-free heavy cream just doesn't do it! People wonder how I get along with all this "stuff" and keep my blood sugar [diabetes ya know] normal. I just eat small portions...sometimes

Billy
  Re: Re: Want to Exchange Cookbooks? by bjcotton (Yeah Ron, something ...)
I scream with hysterical laughter at people buying the 99.9% fat free stuff, saves me from crying. The flavour lost with the natural fats is replaced with sugar (lots), chemical flavourings, and heaven knows what else. I do trim excess off meat if there is any, but the 'no fat' fad has about reached its use by date, fat is utterley essential to our health. Some people won't even eat avocado because it has 'fat' in it. If only they would educate themselves then perhaps we won't have the decades of after effects like the 'fibre' fad, people with scoured colons and an upswing in colonic cancers, and other horrible things.

Sorry, people, I sounds crabby today, but I really hate 'fads'. So dangerous, and the incubation period of these 'fads' take decades to manifest themselves. By which time the medical people are running around supporting and excusing another 'fad', when all it really has to do with is marketing ploys.