Silicone baster review...
  Re: (...)
A while back I posted a question about silicone basting brushes. I decided to buy the OXO. It is fantastic! It has some normal width bristles, but it has other bristles that are wider and have little circles in them. Those little circles hold the basting liquid so that you get more liquid each time, and retains it so that you don't have to dip and then baste quickly before the liquid runs off. They also make a pastry brush if anyone is interested. BTW, I used it on the CAH Baked Ham with Rum and Coke Glaze, but with a pork roast instead of ham. I liked the glaze even better on the pork roast than on the ham.
  Re: Silicone baster review... by Ron (A while back I poste...)
Thanks for the review! I still haven't found those suckers in the store...I guess I ought to just order them online. I sure hate paying for shipping though.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Silicone baster review... by TwilightKitten (Thanks for the revie...)
Quote:

Thanks for the review! I still haven't found those suckers in the store...I guess I ought to just order them online. I sure hate paying for shipping though.

I looked in Target, which would be the only place here that might have them, but they didn't so I had to order online. The brush was $8.95 but I didn't need anything else, so I ate about 5 bucks shipping.
  Re: Re: Silicone baster review... by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, I finally ordered them. I got one basting brush and one pastry brush...and a small cookie scoop. Thanks for reminding me to order them...I was getting tired of using the crappy one I have. It was one of the first silicone pastry brushes, and it doesn't work well at all! I can't wait to get my new ones!
Tammy