Perfect Pasta
  Re: (...)
Our Costco carries magazines at 30% off. I found the Perfect Pasta cookbook today! $6.99! Woo Hoo! I wasn't going to buy it - but couldn't resist. I wanted it, but couldn't justify it because we try and stay away from pasta. It looks great!

I love the idea of cooking the meatballs and the roasted tomato sauce together! YUM!

Others that caught my eye are the Primavera Orzo, the chicken linguine with candied tomatoes and the and the cajun fettuccine. So many!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Perfect Pasta by esgunn (Our Costco carries m...)
Hi, Erin,

Re:Orzo Primavera

I must admit I didn't look at this recipe because of the broccoli (ugh) but now that you've bought it up, it looks pretty good. I'm wondering what I could sub for the broccoli. I think there's plenty of asparagus and pepper, crimini mushrooms keep jumping into my head (love goat cheese and mushrooms). Coming off a 13 hr day, I seem to have a brain freeze..

Since I'm too tired to think for myself, I'll let you all do it for me!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by pjcooks (Hi, Erin,[br][br]Re:...)
pea pods?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by cjs (pea pods?...)
Just wander through the produce section...I'd even think of chard, chinese cabbage, parsnips, carrots, bok choy..you might have to adjust the recipe for some of them, but yum!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by bjcotton (Just wander through ...)
Ooohh, Billy dear, you're assuming I can find the time to actually walk into a grocery store! Between the 2 jobs (only one pays) I don't even have the time to cook, let alone shop! Things will ease up soon, looking forward to getting back to normal. Thanks for the suggestions-both pea pods and parsnips (bonus, I have some in the fridge) sound good.

I'd sure like someone to come and cook for me for a change!!

PJ
PJ