Is Spring Springing At Your House?
  Re: (...)
All three of my fruit trees [Santa Rosa Plums, Puget Gold apricots, and I can't remember the name nectarines] have begun getting ready to bloom. Lordy I pray we don't have another frost...it was 38F this morning, of course 3 days ago it was 53F in the AM. I'd better get ready to begin planning my garden...it's going to be sparse this year compared to last year.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Is Spring Springing At Your House? by bjcotton (All three of my frui...)
We have some beautiful flowers peeking out, in the gardens and on the trees. I can't wait.

We're taking what's left of the Meyer outside tomorrow morning. It just started shedding leaves like crazy and is halfway bald. I'm just hoping it will recover.

It's 75 here today but it's going to be 36 overnight. Tomorrow begins the reasonable temps and I hope we can leave it out til next winter. I have one lemon left but it'll prob fall off in the move. It's ripe though.

I'm afraid I'll lose the rest of the leaves when we drag it through the house.

Did you get the Spring Burpee catalog in the mail, BJ? I just use it for ideas of what to buy since I have no idea of flowers' names.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Is Spring Springing At Your House? by Half_Baked (We have some beautif...)
My Meyer has about 8 leaves left on ONE branch and the lime has none. I'm going to move them out this weekend and if they don't survive I'm quitting.

I don't plant any flowers in my gardens, reserve it for veggies which I buy locally. My appreciation of flowers extends to other people's yards. I'm afraid my idea is "Yes, aren't the shrubs lovely, but wouldn't an apple tree look delightful there?"

Billy
  Re: Re: Is Spring Springing At Your House? by bjcotton (My Meyer has about 8...)
The Meyer had blossoms when I brought it in (they fell off) so I don't know if I'll have any fruit this year.
Jan

Re: Re: Is Spring Springing At Your House? by Half_Baked (The Meyer had blosso...)
No Spring in this part of the country. We did actually have a few days of warmer weather that helped to melt some of the snow, but it's still at least a foot deep on the grass and it's turning colder again.

My tabletop greenhouse is doing amazingly well. In less than a month, the herbs are 3 - 4 inches high and already have several sets of leaves. The container which holds the water and nutrients lasts for about a month.

Anybody interested in hydroponic gardening go to: www.unclemilton.com and click on Hydro-Greenhouse 2.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Is Spring Springing At Your House? by Mare749 (No Spring in this pa...)
What a delightful thread. I love to hear of the blossoms blooming, and the plants sprouting. I have not planted any tomatoes this year, in spite of Billy sending me seeds I cannot get here. But he packed them so well I am hoping they will 'hold over' until next year. Our grass is turning brown at this time of the year, and our tubs are sprouting flowers aplenty, and are very beautiful, but only with persistant watering.
  Re: Re: Is Spring Springing At Your House? by Half_Baked (The Meyer had blosso...)
The Meyers have two crops each year with the winter crop usually being the biggest. When I move mine outside they'll either live or they won't, not buying any more.

Billy
  Re: Re: Is Spring Springing At Your House? by bjcotton (The Meyers have two ...)
I just dragged the tree outside.

Lol, it looked like Hansel and Gretel strolled through the house and dropped lemon leaves instead of crumbs. I think mine has about 1/4-1/5th of it's leaves left.

*crossing fingers*
Jan

Re: Is Spring Springing At Your House? by bjcotton (All three of my frui...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Although our winters aren't horribly long, I'm ready for the warm sunshine.

I haven't had to wear a winter coat this year...have you Steve? I managed through with an LL Bean Gortex windbreaker.

I do keep the house at 72 due to my asthma. We have gas heat so it's reasonable, compared to electricity anyway.
Jan