My New Computer
  Re: (...)
I finally got my computer yesterday...a day ahead of schedule. The first thing I did was put a password on it so nobody could get on it...that was a waste, this new Windows Vista is COMPLETELY different from XP. It doesn't use Outlook Express for email, nor does it use anything with @msn.com, so I have to come up with a completely different email addy to use here...thank goodness I have the laptop and the old desktop. It doesn't support my new HP scanner and HP hasn't written the program to make it work with Vista; I had to set MasterCook up to run as if I had XP on here...I'm sure glad it supports that function. Vista kind of makes you wish for the simplicity of XP [which was complicated enough to make me swear at times]. I'm almost at the stage where I got my first DOS computer.. confused as Hell!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My New Computer by bjcotton (I finally got my com...)
I was wondering about that, Billy. It's a good thing you know your way around a computer. Now when the rest of us upgrade, you will probably be hearing from us. Have fun and enjoy, it sounds like you got a really nice system!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: My New Computer by bjcotton (I finally got my com...)
Congrats on your new computer, Billy. Nothing like getting a new toy!

There have been a whole lot of people posting on Yahoo's MasterCook discussion list about the problems they've had running MasterCook with Vista. Glad to see you've found a way to work around it.
  Re: Re: My New Computer by Sage (Congrats on your new...)
Every time I think "upgrade" I think "migraine."
  Re: Re: My New Computer by Sage (Congrats on your new...)
Once you discover the solution Sage, it's a simple process. It's the discovery part that's a ...uh, uh...oh hell, it's a person!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: My New Computer by bjcotton (Once you discover th...)
Last time we did an upgrade my computer was down for 3 days! We just wanted to put xp on it - but xp found that we had the wrong memory in the computer so it wouldn't load until we got the right memory. Migraine is right!

I got fired right after that - didn't have a project done (because NO computer). Jerk said he didn't want useless excuses. Computers are a pain!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!