Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review
  Re: (...)
From Perfect Pasta-this was great! Made it tonight for myself-I knew I could share the leftovers with co-workers tomorrow.

This was a pretty quick meal. Well, it should have been, but even though I had the Picky One's chix legs and fingerlings in the oven, he decided that he wanted chorizio as well. So, it wasn't as quick as it could have been, no fault of Cuisine @ Home. I loved the combo of the goat cheese and the candied tomatoes (red wine vin and sugar). As a matter of fact, I didn't even need the chicken in this dish. Next time I'll leave it out, the goat cheese was rich enough to make it a meal for me. I thought I had pine nuts but I didn't,I so I toasted some bread crumbs and mixed with fresh thyme, turned out great.

I'll do this again. Why don't we have a yummy graemlin??

PJ
PJ
  Re: Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review by pjcooks (From Perfect Pasta-t...)
hmmm, I have goat cheese and l/o chix legs from chix quarters from last nite.....will look at that. good idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review by cjs (hmmm, I have goat ch...)
I've been looking at that one. Thanks for the review!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review by Lorraine (I've been looking at...)
I have to go to the bank tomorrow so I'll stop to see if B&N has the pasta book yet.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review by Half_Baked (I have to go to the ...)
Jan, I'll post it if you need it.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review by pjcooks (Jan, I'll post it if...)
Thanks PJ but I think I can wait. I'm a little pasta'd out and we've been having a lot of tomatos/sauces also.

Time for some red meat and potatos!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review by Half_Baked (Thanks PJ but I thin...)
Yes, Jan, a grilled ribeye sounds pretty good at the moment! It's fun to play but it's nice to come home to the basics.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review by pjcooks (From Perfect Pasta-t...)
I had this bookmarked forever, and finally made it this weekend. It was fabulous. ( of course had to make a completely separate meal for the picky one). It was so easy. We loved the taste of the candied tomatoes. So much so, that I need to make more to eat with the leftovers.

I do think the chicken could have had more taste, even though I seasoned it well. I have enough leftover for two lunches, so will add maybe some chives to one, maybe some summer savoury or marjoram to the other. To me, this was really close to the Parmesan Chicken Roulades.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review by Lorraine (I had this bookmarke...)
I also had to make a separate meal For My Picky One, but my kids enjoy this so I save myself a bit and send the rest over to the ex-hubby's for them to enjoy.

Thank goodness they're all grateful for home-cooked food over there!!

This is one of my favorites. I use thighs, though, not sure if the recipe actually called for them.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Chix Linguini w/Candied Tomatoes review by Lorraine (I had this bookmarke...)
I made this one earlier this summer because of the abundant cherry tomatoes from the garden. We liked it, but it hasn't come up for a repeat this season. I agree with Lorraine that the chix needed more flavor. Let us know how your variations turn out.