A Fun Day With HarborWitch!!
  Re: (...)
Gee, we had a great day with Sharon & Bob - we started out with a brunch at our house, nothing special, but we did try a Tobin James (Calif.) sparkling wine for the first time and as all of the T.J. wines, it was very tasty!!

We then moved on to the Lodi area wineries. It's so much more fun to go wine tasting with folks who also like wine. We hit four wineries - and at three Roy & I were true to our promise to ourselves - JUST BUY ONE BOTTLE PER WINERY!! After all, I'm just a little old lady on Social Security....

But, at the fourth one, Oak Ridge Winery, oakridgewinery.com
we lost our will power and not only bot multiple bottles, we joined another wine club! Even picked up a bottle of their Marsala - have never purchased Marsala at a winery before, it sure tasted nice.

After the winery tour, we headed back to Sharon & Bob's yacht...she has had to down-size so completely since the last time we were here, I have no idea how she/they do it!! But the food was wonderful and we spent the next 4 hours appreciating it!

Started out with flambeed Teleme cheese with fantastic pita bread triangles which were sprinkled with the best flavored seasoning - I need to get it in writing, 'cause she told me, but no way did I remember.

Oh, before the mundane flambe...their friend Sarah (with an 'h') fixed us a tasty hors that we hadn't tried before....crackers with peanut butter (has to be crunchy - none of this smooth stuff!) and tabasco. Now, there is a treat!

Sharon has a recipe that she got from a friend for Native Indian Quinoa (Fried??) Cakes. She made them once fried and tried baking them this time. I'm still on the fench with this item, as Sharon says, it needs cheese or a topping or something. But don't know that I'll ever try making it...but who knows I may play.

But, the accompaniment to the cakes were beautiful sauteed duck breasts that Bob removed from two gorgeous (that they now get to play with!!!) ducks. She cooked them to perfection and tender?? Oh my, they were delicious. (their little friend Sarah had never tasted duck and was hoping some would be left for her.....well, let me tell you, there was none left from R & J )

Dessert - Morgan Freeman has a restaurant and cookbook that Sharon got a deep, deep, deep, deep Chcolate Sorbet recipe from. Anyone who love chocolate will adore this! With it she serve a candy cluster (chocolate, of course, nuts and dried (?) cherries?). I had brot the makings for the Raspberry Cream Cheese stuffed Jalapenos to add to the hors, but didn't finish them for that and decided to add to the dessert, which I think would have been wonderful...but, we were just too darn full to add one more thing to that dessert plate!! (hope they enjoyed them the next day!)

We struggled on back to the trailer and just rolled into bed like two beach whales - and slept like babies!

Thank you again, Sharon & Bob, for a wonderful day and let's get those recipes posted, lady.

It is now Mon. a.m. and we are in Bakersfield for one day and on to Palm Springs - getting closer to the hot sun, I hope.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Fun Day With HarborWitch!! by cjs (Gee, we had a great ...)
A day in heaven!

Sharon, who got who in the most trouble? It sure sounds like y'all had a ball and I can't wait to see the recipes.

I bet the wineries enjoyed you no end!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.