So what happened?
  Re: (...)
Tried to get online here yesterday afternoon, and instead of this, I got a lot of messages about the site getting too many messages etc etc etc. When I still couldn't get on this morning, I popped over to Discuss Cooking and found Billy, Jan and Jean. I emailed them, they must have thought I was tipping the bottle too much if they had no problems and I did. Was I the only one? It really looked like someone bombarded this board.

Am I crazy? Wish now I had saved a copy of that lengthy list of error messages.

Anyone have a clue?

PJ
PJ
  Re: So what happened? by pjcooks (Tried to get online ...)
No PJ, I was having the problem also. Had it here and at MembersPlus. Still, I wondered about that bottle
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I had the same problem but I haven't been on DC today to get your message, sorry.

If I couldn't get on this evening, I was going to start emailing around. I was afraid that the forum had been shut down.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: So what happened? by Half_Baked (I had the same probl...)
Me too. No luck last night or earlier today. Glad it is back up and running - I was going through serious withdrawls!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Ha ha, Billy

The warning page was still on my browser, so I copied it. Felt like Robot from Lost in Space got into my computer.

I was on Sewing World when it went down, and it started with little things, strange messages, threads disappearing, then one day it was just gone. I don't understand why anyone would want to hack a site such as that and this one, well I guess I do, some people find it fun to know they have the power to affect so many people with a few keystrokes.

Someone in the know at Sewing World recognized what was going on, and started to set up a contingency plan, a place to go if knocked off line.

Anything here? (and Billy, my 1st email to you {which I edited} regarding this sounded like I was asking you for a clandestine meeting)

Glad we're back.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: So what happened? by pjcooks (Ha ha, Billy[img]/ub...)
I had the same problem as everyone else, so I copied the warning page and sent it to the contact us messenger. It looks like they are up and running again. Maybe it was just site maintenance.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: So what happened? by Mare749 (I had the same probl...)
Whew!! Amazing how fast withdrawals set in.....

Sorry I missed your email - but since I feel D.C. is so unfriendly, I never (rarely) even look up at any msgs. having been sent.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So what happened? by cjs (Whew!! Amazing how f...)
All's well that ends well!

PJ
PJ