Past Due Reports:
  Re: (...)
The following have past due reports:

Half_Baked: curling pork chops
esgunn: wild rice
Half_Baked: underdone southern fried chicken
TwilightKitten: Oxo basting brushes

If your reports are not in by the end of school on Monday, your parents will be notified.

Half_Baked, since you have two past due reports, you are on "Double Secret Probation."
  Re: Past Due Reports: by Ron (The following have p...)
roflmao

I have been cutting slits in my chops.

As for fried chicken, I fry it to a beautiful brown and finish it in the oven. I may screw up...but I always try to learn from my mistakes and do better.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Past Due Reports: by Half_Baked (roflmao[br][br]I hav...)
Quote:

roflmao

I have been cutting slits in my chops.

As for fried chicken, I fry it to a beautiful brown and finish it in the oven. I may screw up...but I always try to learn from my mistakes and do better.

Okay, you are off "Double Secret Probation." You were really close to getting your playground time limited!
LOL...Ok, I got my basting brushes (found them in the stores after I paid the $5 shipping...grrr!)...and I LOVE them! They hold the sauces/butter/whatever much better than the older silicone ones...I'm very happy with them.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Past Due Reports: by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
whooooo, what a strict taskmaster we have around here.... Next, he'll be telling us we can't have recess till the kitchen sparkles.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Past Due Reports: by cjs (whooooo, what a stri...)
"Next, he'll be telling us we can't have recess till the kitchen sparkles....."

That's it - nap time - get your towell.
  Re: Re: Past Due Reports: by TwilightKitten (LOL...Ok, I got my b...)
Quote:

LOL...Ok, I got my basting brushes (found them in the stores after I paid the $5 shipping...grrr!)...and I LOVE them! They hold the sauces/butter/whatever much better than the older silicone ones...I'm very happy with them.

Glad you liked them. I haven't used mine often, but they worked well when I did, and they will definitely get some use basting the St. Patty's brisket.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...I bought the wild rice yesterday! I just bought a small bag a Trader Joes. I just wanted a small bag till we decide if we like it. It is straight wild rice...so for other dishes I will mix it myself with brown rice. I am hoping to make one of the dishes this weekend. If I don't get to it - it will have to wait until after vacation.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Past Due Reports: by esgunn (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...I...)
Erin, I prefer it mixed with either white or brown as a straight rice dish. It is okay by itself in soups, casseroles, stuffings, etc. where it is a minor ingredient. When properly cooked, it is a bit "chewy."
  Re: Re: Past Due Reports: by esgunn (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...I...)
Vacation!! (insert whine here) Haven't had one in a long time. Where are you going, and more importantly, of course, what will you eat?

PJ
PJ