1/4 t black pepper
For Salmon Canneloni
2 T unsalted butter softened
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
6 (5oz center cut salmon filets)

Make Crespelle:
Blend together eggs, water, flour and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in tarraton. Lightly brush at l0" nonstick skillet with butter and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Ladle about l/4 cup batter into skillet, tilting and rotating skillet to coat bottom, then pour excess batter back into bowl. (if batter sets before skillet is coated, reduce heat slightly for next crespella). Cook until just set and underside is lightly browned, about 30 seconds, then invert onto a clean kitchen towel in one layer to cool. (It will be cooked on one side only). Make 5 more crespelle with remaining batter in the same manner, brushing skilled with butter as needed and transferring to towel in one layer.

Make Sause: Heat butter in 1-2quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat until foam subsides. Add flour and cook, whisking, 2 minutes. Add clam juice and water in a slow stream, whisking, then bring to a boi, whisking. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in cream, zest and pepper, then remove from heat.

Assemble Cannelloni: Put oven rack in middle and preheat to 425F. Butter and13x9" (or other 3 quart) dish and spread 1/2 of sauce. Stir together butter (2T), shallot, salt, and pepper and spread 1 t on top of each filet. Put 1 crespella, pale side down, on a work surface, then place 1 salmon filet, buttered side down, in center of prespella and fold crespella around salmon, leaving ends open. Transfer to baking dish, arranging seam side down in sauce. Make5 more cannelloni with remaining salmon and crespelle in same manner, arranging in baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over cannelloni. Bake until salmon is just cooked through and sauce is bubbling - 15 to 20 min.

Notes: I made 4 servings, but a complete sauce recipe.

This is yummy, yummy, yummy. When I make it next I'll swap out the tarragon for dill, because I love dill with everything and salmon in particular. But I thought I should follow the reciple, as written, the first time I try it.

I'm no pro like many of you, but after typing it up for you folks, I became aware of a couple of goofs. No matter how many times you think you've read a recipe, if it's complicated (not that this was - but it was unfamiliar), it might be a good idea to copy it before trying.
  Re: This was a winner by lxxf (From Jan 2007 Gourme...)
this sounds just delicious!! And I have salmon in the freezer...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh Most Yummy!!! Made this tonite Excellent! And for the veggie, the spinach and radish salad with the creamy cucumber dressing from Issue 51, June 2005. 9Yumms!!
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
Sounds absolutely delicious. I'll want to try this one. Thank you for sharing!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: This was a winner by SDRecipeGirl (Sounds absolutely de...)
Shoot, we ate the salmon from the freezer....sigh! But, I do need to do a BIG shopping trip when we get home, we'll be so depleted...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: This was a winner by cjs (Shoot, we ate the sa...)
This is the best recipe I've read in a long time. I always have salmon in the freezer and happen to have some clam juice leftover from the chowder this weekend!

No matter what it is, I always want extra sauce.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.