Home from a Wonderful Trip
  Re: (...)
Hi Everyone,
Well, we're back from Mexico and it was great!! The weather was gorgeous, it always is. We went on a bird watching hike with a local biologist and we saw and learned tons of new things. He recommended two things to us and they both turned out to be excellent choices. The first was to try the local street Cenadurias. These little eatery's are not along the beach but on a side street called Pozole Alley. Great idea, the food was totally authentic, and super inexpensive. We ordered things, we weren't sure what they were, but we were never disappointed with anything. Next he suggested we try tamarinda pulp. Sold in little plastic pouches, everywhere. Most commonly used to make the well know drink Agua d'Tamarinda, we also found a recipe to make a sauce with mushrooms for chicken. Splendid!! We snuck some home with us for future use. Aside from that we took lots of walks along the beach, snorkeled a bit and identified new birds and fish, had shrimp fried tacos (these are my new favorite treat) and got really tanned.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Home from a Wonderful Trip by farnfam (Hi Everyone,[br]Well...)
Welcome back Cis! Sounds like a wonderful trip. I've only been to Cozumel and that was only for a day. I hear mostly good things about Mexico. Will have to do some homework and learn more about it. What are your favorite cities/towns?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Home from a Wonderful Trip by Mare749 (Welcome back Cis! S...)
We like a little fishing village near Ixtapa, it's called Zihuatanejo. James went deep sea fishing and caught a black tuna. A local restaurant owner made us cerviche out of it and some steaks with garlic sauce. Just when I begin to have some thoughts in Spanish, it's time to leave!
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Home from a Wonderful Trip by farnfam (We like a little fis...)
Welcome home Cis, lovely to have you back. I am so glad you had a wonderfuly trip, the flora and fauna and food is what we remember most isn't it, the glorious weather, catching a fish and thinking in Spanish are the bows and spangles dressing a beautifully wrapped package.
  Re: Re: Home from a Wonderful Trip by farnfam (We like a little fis...)
What a wonderful time! We love the birds and have many bird friend here in the Northwest. We are off tomorrow morning for Palm Springs/Palm Desert and San Diego and then on the 20th to Mexico - Guadalajara and Lake Chapala area. I can't wait! Will compare notes with you when we get back!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Home from a Wonderful Trip by esgunn (What a wonderful tim...)
Welcome back, Cis - you were missed! Shrimp fried tacos...oh my! Would love a trip down there - what you did is the way I'd love to check things out, off the beaten path.

Erin, take good notes!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Home from a Wonderful Trip by cjs (Welcome back, Cis - ...)
I'm so glad that you had a great trip! Such fortuitous timing, leaving NY in the cold and coming home to more spring-like temps.

The trip sounds so relaxing, while doing fun recreational activities.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Home from a Wonderful Trip by Half_Baked (I'm so glad that you...)
Cis, but where do you stay, a resort or do you rent a condo? And what city do you fly into? Thanks.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."