Ricotta Cake
  Re: (...)
Thanks to Vicci, I remembered this cake that I used to make all the time and haven't made lately. It's nice and moist, not too sweet, and tastes really good chilled. I always sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

Ricotta Cake - author unknown

1 package yellow cake mix
1 tsp. baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pound ricotta cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding baking powder and soda. Put in a greased 9 x 13 pan.

Mix ricotta cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together. Pour over batter. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve. Enjoy!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Ricotta Cake by Mare749 (Thanks to Vicci, I r...)
I have a feeling we're all going to be in trouble this Easter....decisions, decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ricotta Cake by Mare749 (Thanks to Vicci, I r...)
MaryAnn, I saw this after I asked for the recipe. THANKS for posting! I'll maybe add this to our Easter dessert buffet. Who need to eat more turkey? I'm going to eat an all-dessert Easter dinner!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Ricotta Cake by cjs (I have a feeling we'...)
Here you go Vicci, I bumped it back up to the top. Enjoy!

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: Ricotta Cake by foodfiend (MaryAnn, I saw this ...)
vicci, life's uncertain...eat dessert first!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ricotta Cake by cjs (vicci, life's uncert...)
Gosh this sounds good. I have company from MD coming down for a golf tournament and will put this on my 'dessert' list. Wow, that's easy.

Have you ever frozen it?
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Ricotta Cake by Half_Baked (Gosh this sounds goo...)
No, it doesn't seem to last long enough to freeze. I think I would be concerned about it becoming soggy or watery when it thaws, but I could be all wrong about that.

Hope you enjoy it.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: Ricotta Cake by Mare749 (No, it doesn't seem ...)
I try to make casseroles and desserts (to freeze) ahead of their arrival, otherwise I get too tired and don't enjoy the company.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Mr HB and I will have to eat this before they arrive.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.