Jalapeno Poppers 3 ways
  Re: (...)
Jalapeno Poppers 3 ways - George Duran - Ham on the Street

24 Jalapeno peppers cleaned cored and seeded - and a chili grill for cooking.

For the Huevo Ranchero filling:

3 large eggs
1/2 c salsa
1/2 grated jack cheese
salt & pepper to taste
4 crushed tortilla chips

Beat the eggs and stir in the salsa, and half the jack cheese and salt & pepper to taste. Fill 8 peppers 3/4 full and top with remaining cheese and tortilla chips.

(We did not try these - YET - I'm thinking for a brunch they would be fantastic.

Sausage Pizza filling

1 c. pizza sauce
1 Italian sausage cooked and crumbled (we used turkey)
1/2 c. grated mozzarella cheese

Mix together the pizza sauce, crumbled sausage, and half the mozzarella. Fill 8 of the peppers and top with the remaining cheese.

(We made these - very very good!)

Now for the killer!

Peanut butter & Jelly & bacon

1 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup of your favorite jelly (I used raspberry jalapeno)
3 slices bacon cut in thirds

Put the peanut butter into a plastic bag and cut off a corner to make a pastry bag. Squeeze the peanut butter into the remaining 8 peppers making sure they are filled all the way down. Top with a spoonful of jelly and a slice of bacon - fasten with a toothpick.

Bake peppers in a 350 oven for 30 to 40 minutes.

(The peanut butter and jelly were amazing! They are going to be a frequent "flyer" around here. Sarah & I think that we need to figure out how to pipe the peanut butter and jelly side by side - we'll work on that!)

I think one could probably stuff and freeze these in batches and then just cook as many as you needed.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Jalapeno Poppers 3 ways by Harborwitch (Jalapeno Poppers 3 w...)
Well for heaven sake Sharon, who'da thunk of pbutter, bacon, and jelly?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Jalapeno Poppers 3 ways by bjcotton (Well for heaven sake...)
Billy - it was soooooooo freakin' good none of us, including our French Canadian friend who was visiting, could stop eating them - until they were gone. . . . .Sad

We just went to the mercado today - we can't wait until you visit - we'll have so much fun taking you to all these cool places and playing!
  Re: Jalapeno Poppers 3 ways by Harborwitch (Jalapeno Poppers 3 w...)
...and what wines did you pick up over the weekend??

Those sound so good, Sharon. Last year we got the most humungous (how the heck do you spell that?) Jalapenos - Yakima or Tri-Citys, hope we can find them again...

Oh, peanut butter mixed in the the cream cheese and jam mix we did at your house?????? oh my.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jalapeno Poppers 3 ways by cjs (...and what wines di...)
We didn't make it to the wine thing. I spent Saturday working on the corned beef dinner (yum yum). Sunday we spent cleaning up that mess, Bob did dishes and I made corned beef hash. Then we had to go visit our friend Jerry (you met him at the sushi dinner, Jean). He's in the hospital after having several strokes.

That sounds really good with the peanut butter, cream cheese, and jelly! Will have to try that too. Sarah really loved these. Even Francois, who's not crazy about hot food liked them. I think we have a winner here.