I'm here!! I'm Here!!
  Re: (...)
I'm here! I'm here!!

Wow you guys are so wonderful

My work load has been double lately and been so involved developing the new business that by the time I get home I am exhausted.

I normally post and read up on things while I'm at work, but I've been out on site of other offices and doing some training. Whew.

Ok for updates - Quality Cuisine is almost fully ready to launch. I have everything in order. Matter of fact this weekend was spent doing a lot of product development. I have really perfected the stuffed filet mignon. I also did a Roast Chicken with Apricot & Prune Sauce with Moroccan Spices. I have decided that I don’t like the prunes in this recipe nor did hubby but we both liked the apricots.

1 C Homemade or low salt chicken broth
1/4 orange juice concentrate
1/4 dry vermouth
2 Tbs Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 C dried apricots, halved
1/2 C prunes, halved
Degreased juices from the roasting pan
3 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
Kosher Salt

While the chicken roasts, combine the broth, orange juice concentrate and vermouth and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a10” skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Saute until fragrant and golden, less than 1 minute. Add the prunes and apricot and sauté for about 1 minute, reserve off the heat.

Add the broth mixture and degrease pan juices to the fruits and spices; ring to a simmer and cook until reduced to about 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 cups, 5-8 minutes. Stir in cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve around chicken pieces.

Next weekend I will do my first meal for a family as if it's a real client. I'll be doing it for one of our neighbors. This way the first time cooking in someone else’s kitchen won't be quite as overwhelming. Also if something goes horribly wrong my house is right across the street. I figure best to practice on friends who might be a bit more forgiving lol!!

I find out tomorrow or Tuesday if I have been accepted to go to France for the Cannes Film Festival. But if I don't get I won't be disappointed. I know that I made the top cut. I had my phone interview with them last week. I think it went well, but we shall see.

If I don’t go I will use those funds to go to CBA (Culinary Business Academy) for a 3 day training course. Not on skills but more of helping to determine price points, which is something I’m still working out.

I will also be joining the USPCA which I figure will give me a lot of options for networking and information. I know they also have yearly conferences which I think would be very valuable.

Well that’s the latest on me…time now for to catch on all of you!
  Re: I'm here!! I'm Here!! by DFen911 (I'm here! I'm here!!...)
Denise, good to hear from you! Sounds like everything's moving along nicely with your new business. The class you're thinking about taking, if you don't go to Cannes, sounds like a good investment.

Good luck!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I'm here!! I'm Here!! by pjcooks (Denise, good to hear...)
Glad you took a minute to check in, Denise. Sounds like things are going full steam ahead for you. The Moroccan Chicken sounds delightful - will certainly try it.

I hope you enjoy personal cheffing as much as I did - made some life-long friends from thos jobs. And so many of them turned into evening catered dinners, which I loved the most.

You do have a FoodSaver, don't you???? What a Godsend to p.c.ing! All kinds of good luck to you!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Quote:

I'm here! I'm here!!

Wow you guys are so wonderful

My work load has been double lately and been so involved developing the new business that by the time I get home I am exhausted.

You sure are going great guns, congratulations!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: I'm here!! I'm Here!! by Half_Baked ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I am so happy for you Denise! I know getting a new business off the ground is an extremely busy time, but remember Sweetie, YOU need to occasionaly give yourself some time too and get some rest. Of course if I had half the energy you've expensed over this last year I'd be out plowing the fields with the Truck Farmers!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I'm here!! I'm Here!! by bjcotton (I am so happy for yo...)
So good to see you again Denise. And my word, you surely have been busy. Good for you, I was going to say the sky is the limit, but you seem to have burst through the stratisphere.
Glad to hear that you're doing so well in your new venture. Keep up that energy-- you're making me tired just reading about what you've been up to!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com