Cannes Trip no More
  Re: (...)
But I am ok with it.

After doing a lot soul searching I've opted not to go. It's a lot of money to spend, and thinking about what I would be experiencing I cannot justify the expense.

I had saved up money do a culinary business school and if I do France I can't do the other. So I had to decide which would benefit the business more.

After investing so much time and money in culinary school I had to choose the continued education.

Am I disappointed....yes. But I am at peace with my decision. Besides now I can spend 1/2 the funds, save the other half and hubby and I go together
  Re: Cannes Trip no More by DFen911 (But I am ok with it....)
Denise, it sounds like you made the right decision for you. Yes, Cannes sounds very glitzy and exciting, but you're right, it would be expensive and it would be a real shame to miss out on the class you had previously mentioned, which will be invaluable to your business. And I don't blame you, I would rather go to France with my hubbie too! Keep us posted, we all love hearing about your exciting plans.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cannes Trip no More by Mare749 (Denise, it sounds li...)
Hard decisions have do to be made! I am disappointed for you, but......just don't think you're going to get out of being picked on for various and sundry things. That was a brave decision to make. But I can still say I knew you when!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Cannes Trip no More by bjcotton (Hard decisions have ...)
Oh Denise, what a hard decision that had to have been!

O.K., now to the next chapter - when do these classes start? how long do they last?

I hope ______________ (don't know hubby's name ) gave you a big hug! Good luck, sweetie!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Would Cannes have been educational and fun? Of course. Would it have helped your new business more than the class? Probably not. Good decision.
Plenty of time for trips to France, Denise! It's good that you will be concentrating your efforts (and $$$) on starting your business. Then, after it's established, you can take a continuing-education trip (with DH!) to Europe.

You still ROCK... !!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Cannes Trip no More by foodfiend (Plenty of time for t...)
A hard decision, but in view of you business direction, I think the right one for you. No-one can take the honour of being chosen to go though, there is proof in that pudding.
  Re: Re: Cannes Trip no More by vannin (A hard decision, but...)
Geez, I never even contemplated that you'd have to pay for this yourself . You definately made the best decision in my opinion!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Cannes Trip no More by Half_Baked (Geez, I never even c...)
Neither did I Jan, what an imposition, these Cannes people must think they are mighty fine people. I am betting the 'named' chefs are not paying for themselves.