What to do w/veal shoulder blade chops?
  Re: (...)
Picked up a couple of these today, each weighs about 1.75 #, for less than a buck a pound. For that money, I'll give it a go. I know I should probably braise, I'd rather marinate & panfry. I intend serving this to the Picky One for supper some evening, so I need to stay away from tomatoes and anything too spicy or "wierd" (his word, none of that SW or Med stuff, no stews or casseroles or pasta)

Come to think of it, it might be easier finding someone else to cook for

If any of you have an idea for me, I'd appreciate it!

PJ
PJ
  Re: What to do w/veal shoulder blade chops? by pjcooks (Picked up a couple o...)
LOL, I'd probably braise them too! I love braised meat and since each of them are about 1.75#, I believe I would stick with that....mmmmm, mashed potatos and gravy. ... a roasted green veggie!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: What to do w/veal shoulder blade chops? by Half_Baked (LOL, I'd probably br...)
You could pretend and make osso bucco with them. You could crumb them in fresh bread crumbs and herbs, and pan fry slowly in butter and oil until browned.
  Re: What to do w/veal shoulder blade chops? by pjcooks (Picked up a couple o...)
Brown some onions and mushrooms, then brown the chops (floured); add the onions/shrooms (and garlic, rosemary) back on top and add some beef broth/wine and braise? simple flavors, but...good flavors.

Cut off bone and pound thin and do a breaded veal?

Would he (and you!)like a mornay sauce (and call it gravy ) over pan seared and roasted chops?

have fun, you'll come up with something!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What to do w/veal shoulder blade chops? by cjs (Brown some onions an...)
Jan, Dale and Jean, thanks for the good ideas. I'll toss them around a bit to make it all work. I better hide these in the fridge before he sees them and decides he won't like them.

You're all lucky you have a captive audience to cook for. Even changing ketchup brands around here is a big deal

PJ
PJ