Share A Recipe Favorite
  Re: (...)
Y'all know the cookbook Jean talks about, Share A Recipe? Well, I made one of my favorite recipes out of it again tonight. Slow-Cooked Chicken and Burritos, by our own cjs, on pg. 71 for those of you fortunate enough to have it. The first time I made it I didn't have any burritos, but I did have tamales, the homemade kind, and man-oh-man was it good....again I know a few of you have copies, why don't you tell the others what you think of it? The profits from the cookbooks go to scholarships for aspiring chefs. It can be had for a measley $20+.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Share A Recipe Favorite by bjcotton (Y'all know the cookb...)
Hey, thanks for the plug, Billy J!! We had those slow cooked burritos on the last trip - sure are easy trailer food.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Share A Recipe Favorite by cjs (Hey, thanks for the ...)
Ya know the Schwans guy was here yesterday - I looked at the tamales and thought about it just for that dinner - but alas the crock pot is in storage!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Share A Recipe Favorite by Harborwitch (Ya know the Schwans ...)
"but alas the crock pot is in storage" - for, what FOUR MORE DAYS?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Share A Recipe Favorite by cjs ("but alas the crock ...)
I've given a copy to just about everyone in the family! What I really like, is that because so many contributed to it, there's family recipes from all over, not just one geographical community). (As compared to the one I bought in Stanardsville last summer). I love it!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Share A Recipe Favorite by cjs ("but alas the crock ...)
Yeah, 4 more days - but it would have been great to have it all ready to go for dinner one night while going through this.

Bye the bye - once we get squared away I've got to order a book for Miss Sarah!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!