Jelly roll pan & flat roasting rack
  Re: (...)
Interested in recommendations for a jelly roll pan and a FLAT roasting rack. It's okay if I have to buy them separately, but I will need online source(s).
Requirements:
NOT non-stick
13 x 18 (slightly +- okay)
Broiler, or at least high heat, capable
Thanks.
  Re: Jelly roll pan & flat roasting rack by Ron (Interested in recomm...)
Ron, do you have a Smart & Final or Cash & Carry (same stores - different locations??) or a real restaurant supply store - not a kitchen supply shop - near you? Ask for their sheet pans.

Full sheet pan - 18" X 26"
half sheet pan - 18" X 13"
quarter sheet pan - 13" X 9 1/2"

In restaurants, c. c.s, hotels, these are what are used for everything, every heat. They're nice and heavy and don't buckle like 'cookie sheets' will.

Also, you will find parchment paper in flat packages to fit the full-size sheet pans and if you have room to have this great amount (I just made a spot for the box), it's a great buy and I just tear them in half for my 1/2 sheet pans, and again for my 1/4 sheet pans.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jelly roll pan & flat roasting rack by cjs (Ron, do you have a S...)
"Ron, do you have a Smart & Final or Cash & Carry (same stores - different locations??) or a real restaurant supply store - not a kitchen supply shop - near you? Ask for their sheet pans."

Neither of the first two is here, and I have more inventory than the local restaurant supply store. We have WalMart and Target, but what they have looks like junk. I will have to order online, preferably Amazon, but negotaiable. I'm looking for commercial quality - what names are good? Vollrath? Chicago Metallic? Other? I'd like to be able to bake cookies on it and also roast (with the flat rack) at high temps, possibly finishing with a broil.
  Re: Re: Jelly roll pan & flat roasting rack by Ron ("Ron, do you have a ...)
Ron go to http://www.centralrestaurant.com/
under search: sheet pans

these are what you will be shown:
Model 685-253
Aluminum Sheet Pan
18 Gauge, Full Size, Perforated
Price $16.72/EA
Quantity:

Model 115-100
Aluminum Sheet Pan
16 Gauge, Full Size
Price $13.68/EA
Quantity:

Model 535-087
Aluminum Sheet Pan
16 Gauge, Quarter Size
Price $12.37/EA
Quantity:

good luck. I wish I still had some of my catalogs that I used to order from and if my mind cooperates, I'll think of the name of the best one...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jelly roll pan & flat roasting rack by cjs (Ron go to [url=http:...)
Jean, you must get up with the chickens. It's 7 a.m. central time and you are, as usual, posting away. I checked the restaurant supply site. There is a second page to the search that has the half size sheets pans I'm interested in. They don't seem to carry roasting racks, but said to email them if something couldn't be found, so I did. They do carry cooling racks, but they are only rated to 375*.
  Re: Re: Jelly roll pan & flat roasting rack by Ron (Jean, you must get u...)
old habits die hard - it was the only quiet time when the family was home. I'm still wide-eyed at 4 a.m. every morning...

I'm glad you found what you wanted - or at least on the track to them.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jelly roll pan & flat roasting rack by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
The distributor of your oven might have the "accessory" that you are looking for. I have a Miele and my flat roasting pan is wonderful!! I purchased this a few years after I had the oven installed...don't know how I had survived beforehand but....my jelly roll pan was an extra, too---------priceless!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy