Review-Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc
  Re: (...)
Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc! Yay!

Bill (known locally as Old Bay) posted this recipe a few weeks ago and I finally had a chance to try it. The photo (not my best, it was late and we were starving) and my (*ahem*) “lightened” recipe are on my blog.

This was soooooo good! Now, my husband almost always compliments what I cook, but this was one of those recipes that, after saying how good it was several times throughout dinner, at the end he lifted his almost-empty wineglass to me and said “This salmon was incredible. Thank you.” It will be one of our “regulars” for summer dinners.

Aside from being relatively simple, the sauce was just so delicious. There is a tang of grapefruit and wine in there, along with the creaminess of lowfat half & half (replacing the whipping cream) and (a reduced amount of) butter.

Although I did sub a white zinfandel (a hostess gift last summer) for the dry white wine, I wouldn’t hesitate to use it again. I always have a sauvignon blanc on hand, though, and this will most likely be what I use in the future.

Thanks again for posting this, Bill!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Review-Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc by foodfiend (Salmon with Grapefru...)
I missed that one, could you post the recipe, please?
  Re: Re: Review-Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc by lxxf (I missed that one, c...)
Quote:

I missed that one, could you post the recipe, please?

Right now, it's on page 7 but here is the link:
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...age=6#Post29980
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Review-Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Copied - Danke
  Re: Re: Review-Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc by lxxf (Copied - Danke...)
well, I was going to copy it also, but...I already did apparently. thanks Lori for bringing this up again!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review-Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc by foodfiend (Salmon with Grapefru...)
Wow, does that one sound good! I'm not fond of grapefruit but I'll bet it does that recipe justice. I just bought a Grapefruit Vinegar that I plan to test out for some summer salad dressings. Thanks for sharing
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
I told you it was good!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Review-Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc by SDRecipeGirl (Wow, does that one s...)
Quote:

Wow, does that one sound good! I'm not fond of grapefruit but I'll bet it does that recipe justice. I just bought a Grapefruit Vinegar that I plan to test out for some summer salad dressings. Thanks for sharing

Oooh, where did you buy the grapefruit vinegar?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Review-Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
The grapefruit vinegar was purchased at Trader Joes. Good finds there
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: Review-Salmon with Grapefruit Beurre Blanc by SDRecipeGirl (The grapefruit vineg...)
Quote:

The grapefruit vinegar was purchased at Trader Joes. Good finds there

YES!!! I adore TJ's but haven't noticed the grapefruit vinegar there. Thanks!
Vicci

my cooking adventures