Thank you, Sharon and Maryann!!
  Re: (...)
Sharon mentioned a breaded pork chop dish that is marinated in Asian flavors that she made a while back and in her honor since she will become a landlubber with the rest of us after today, I'm making it for dinner.

And, to go with it, Maryann's White Bean Tuna Salad -

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...part=2&vc=1

but...it may not make it to dinner!! I also have a loaf of 18 hour bread in the oven right now and after I put the salad together and tasted it, it just cried out for a loaf of peasant bread....and this was tasting it before the argula and basil had been added. It's a wonderful combination of flavors.

I don't like to do this, and I apologize Maryann, but I didn't have tuna in oil, so to get some nicely flavored oil to use, I added a jar of artichokes - I really try to make them the first time as written, but....boy, is this a winner and it will probably ruin our dinners when the bread comes out!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thank you, Sharon and Maryann!! by cjs (Sharon mentioned a b...)
Jean, I'm glad you like the salad and that you thought of a way to get some tasty oil in there. I found a very good tuna in olive oil at Trader Joe's called Tonno, or Genova, something like that. It has a gold label. Anyway, it's especially good for a dish like that. It's also good with fresh tuna, marinaded in olive oil, wine, & garlic, then grilled. I'm not always very good at selecting wine, what kind of wine would you serve with that?

Maryann

Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thank you, Sharon and Maryann!! by Mare749 (Jean, I'm glad you l...)
Well, we certainly enjoyed ourselves...didn't get much work done after our snack...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...NSALAD.jpg

Roy thought the clock ought to be included...this was so good. The wine we had with it was a Washington wine - Goose Ridge Vineyards, Vireo, Red Wine (a blend of Cab 42%, Merlot 25%, and Syrah 33%) and it was very tastey with the salad. You might just look for the blend in your area.

Dinner, which not much got eaten ( ), was very good - those porkchops, can't have very often, they are deep fried, but oh so yummy.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...ORKTWO.jpg

I'm too cheap to throw much away and the goop in the bottom of the marinade bowl looked so good, so after the chops were egged, coated and deepfried ( ), I combined the three and added a little more flour/panko and made little fritters out of them. Yum, they were good too. (they're the little really dark goodies - by then my oil was pretty hot, and I didn't want them gummy, so a little over cooked....

Roy asked me to pass along his thanks to you and Sharon both, for such a great day of eating!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thank you, Sharon and Maryann!! by cjs (Well, we certainly e...)
Nice photos! Looks delish!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."