Pizza Crust - Jean
  Re: (...)
Jean, I copied this recipe of yours from a post in December. Have you ever made it with out a bread machine? I was going to use my kitchenAid with a dough hook but have no idea how long I would knead it for.

JEAN'S PIZZA DOUGH

1 c. +3 T. water
2 tsps olive oil
2 3/4 c. (13.5 oz) bread flour
1/4 c. (1.1 oz.) whole wheat flour
1 tsp each: garlic & onion powders
1/4 c. (.7 oz.) dry milk powder
2 tsps sugar
1 1/2 tsps salt
2 tsps Active dry yeast

Fill bread machine in the order that your model recommends.
Set machine to 'dough'; take out at end of process & spread on a Pam-sprayed pizza pan which has been sprinkle w/corn meal.
For individual pizzas - divide dough into 1/4s.

Either freeze, refrigerate till needed, or top immediately w/toppings of your choice.

Oven: Bake at 450° for ~15 min., or till crust is golden.
BBQ: MOM - grill for 4 min.; remove from grill and turn grill side up.
Top w/toppings; place back on grill for ~6 min. more.

Roxanne, I am also going to try the C@H recipe you posted.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Pizza Crust - Jean by esgunn (Jean, I copied this...)
I am only guessing on this one Erin, because I used my bread machine when I made it, but I would say if you kneaded it with the dough hook for 4-5 minutes it would probably be right. I'm sure Jean will be along with a better answer though.

This is the best pizza dough I have ever made, and my whole family agreed.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pizza Crust - Jean by Mare749 (I am only guessing o...)
You know for years, I've been telliing myself to make this without the 'machine' at least once and I haven't yet, but I will definitely soon!! I'd go with Maryannn's time. and then let it rest for about 10 minutes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Crust - Jean by cjs (You know for years, ...)
Hmmm, how about with a Cuisinart food processor? I'll have to go look.

Here's one from Cuisinart. Haven't tried it, but thought maybe one of you adventurous souls could adapt Jean's recipe to be made in a food processor....

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pizza Dough - Cuisinart

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 package active dry yeast -- (2-1/4 teaspoons)
1/2 cup warm (105?F) water
1 teaspoon sugar
4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup cold water
flour for dusting

In a 2-cup liquid measure, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until foamy, about 3 - 5 minutes. Insert dough blade in work bowl and add flour, salt and olive oil. Add cold water to yeast mixture.

With machine running, pour liquid through small feed tube as fast as flour absorbs it. Process until dough cleans sides of work bowl and forms a ball. Then process for 45 seconds to knead dough. Dough may be slightly sticky. Dust dough lightly with flour; transfer to a plastic food storage bag, squeeze out air and seal top. Let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes

Place dough on a lightly floured surface and punch down, let rest 5 - 10 minutes. Roll into desired crust sizes and follow pizza recipe.

Note: If you only wish to make one pizza, you may freeze half the dough before it rises. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. When ready to use, remove in the morning, unwrap, rub with olive oil and place in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the dough to thaw and rise during the day. It will be ready punch down and roll out in about 8 hours.

Source:
"Cuisinart® Food Processor"
S(Internet Address):
"http://www.cuisinart.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipe_id=76"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Makes 1-1/2 pounds dough (two 14-inch crusts) / 8 servings
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Pizza Crust - Jean by bjcotton (Hmmm, how about with...)
Hey, Billy (why do I usually start my posts to you with that?) I tried this last night.

Threw some in the freezer, made a pizza in my Lodge skillet (topped with Gourmet Garden Basil Blend, don't cringe, it's much better than any fresh stuff I could find around here,) and Santa Sweet grape tomatoes, and fresh mozzerella. Really really good.

Made breadsticks with the rest, topped with kosher salt and some rosemary, thyme and oregano and Parm Reg cheese.
Those were great, too! Thanks for the recipe.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Pizza Crust - Jean by pjcooks (Hey, Billy (why do I...)
You used the Cuisinart Recipe? Turned out ok huh?

Billy
  Re: Re: Pizza Crust - Jean by bjcotton (You used the Cuisina...)
It worked well, Billy. My plain eatters (is that a word?) here liked this crust. Crispy on the outside yet soft on the in-.

Have you tried it ?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Pizza Crust - Jean by pjcooks (It worked well, Bill...)
Not yet. Probably won't until I come home again around the 16th or so.

Billy
  Re: Re: Pizza Crust - Jean by bjcotton (Not yet. Probably w...)
...and you know the pizza crust you'd better try first, William J......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Crust - Jean by cjs (...and you know the ...)
"William J...... " ROFL

Jean, I've made yours by hand (too lazy to dig out the bread machine) It turned out great. I think the Cuisinart one was one of the first ones I ever made, haven't made it in awhile.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.