Speaking of recipes from past issues.....
  Re: (...)
I am going to make the Lemon Bars from issue 49 for Easter. I seem to remember the last time I made them that the filling didn't really set fully and I ended up with a (delicious) lemon mess! Did anyone else have a similar experience? Have you figured out how to make it less messy? Was it just me?
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... by mlucas1 (I am going to make t...)
hmmmm, will have to go look at this recipe - compare it to my favorite...but, I have not made the C@H one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... by cjs (hmmmm, will have to ...)
I made these--LOVE lemon--and followed the recipe. No problem here. I will review the recipe as well and see if I can determine why you made a "lemony mess"----

Back later!! That was a great recipe, BTW.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... by cjs (hmmmm, will have to ...)
And what is your favorite recipe, Jean??? C'mon--share it--PRETTY PLEASE?????
  Re: Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... by Roxanne 21 (And what is your fav...)
what the heck am I talking about...I'm not home, recipe's at home...we'll have to rely on those who have tried this one. But, it doesn't look off to me. But, I'm no baker!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... by cjs (what the heck am I t...)
NO excuse---CHEF!!!!
  Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... by mlucas1 (I am going to make t...)
I jumped the gun a little on this one---I have not made these bars--I was going with the lemon bites---sorry.

I reviewed the recipe and the only thing I can think of is maybe a little addition of cornstarch or arrowroot to the filling mixture. I will have to try this one---don't know how I missed it, looks good!!
  Re: Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... by cjs (what the heck am I t...)
If you had all your recipes on the computer [like I do] Jean dear, you'd never leave them at home. Bless your heart
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... by bjcotton (If you had all your ...)

I be workin' on it, but keep in mind I've been cooking since I was 15...you do the math and the numbers. (Crap, I never thot of how many years worth of recipes that must be! )
www.achefsjourney.com