I'm dreaming of a white Easter
  Re: (...)
We're having a freakin' blizzard outside. My family all live out of town and I'm really glad I bought a small leg of lamb and some potatoes and asparagus for a celebration between the two of us. I only hope we can get out of the driveway tomorrow since we're supposed to sing in church tomorrow. If anyone else has rotten weather and has to travel, stay safe.
  Re: I'm dreaming of a white Easter by lxxf (We're having a freak...)
That's gonna make hiding the eggs interesting, but then I guess in a blizzard you don't hide them outside

Be very careful if you have to go out!
  Re: Re: I'm dreaming of a white Easter by DFen911 (That's gonna make hi...)
Denise, you would be surprised how creative the Easter Bunny can be in a cold climate, even in the old days when we lived in a tiny 2 bedroom house.

I mentioned earlier that we got 10 inches of snow in the past two days. Well, it's still snowing and I have no idea how much we have now!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I'm dreaming of a white Easter by Mare749 (Denise, you would be...)
You all are going to have to improvise this year. I forgot to tell you I shot the easter bunny and we ate him a month ago

Don't color the eggs and it's no sweat to hide them in the snow. Just stand on the porch and throw them!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I'm dreaming of a white Easter by bjcotton (You all are going to...)
Yeah - but the finding will be difficult! Come thaw time something will be smelly!

Don't you dare tell my kids that. They are very excited about the easter bunny coming tomorrow. As usual he will be hiding his eggs inside - it is pouring down rain! And yesterday was a high of 78! Just a fluke I guess.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: I'm dreaming of a white Easter by esgunn (Yeah - but the findi...)
We had three days of snow last week. Then the temperature dipped and it has yet to melt. We have more snow on the ground this Easter than we did last Christmas. Eight deer were in our back yard about 15 minutes ago. Really pretty and fun to watch, but Bridget spotted them and started barking, so they ran into the woods. A really nice way to start Easter Sunday.
  Re: Re: I'm dreaming of a white Easter by Ron (We had three days of...)
It's snowing like crazy here in the Great White North. No one's even blinked an eye that I know of. Snow isn't really that unusual here in April we've even had snow into May. I told Jamie this morning that I think it's my fault. Last week during that warm spell I switched to a flowery spring/summer type bed cover. I should have known it was too soon
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I'm dreaming of a white Easter by farnfam (It's snowing like cr...)
More snow! I can't believe I woke up to more snow! It's very pretty though, kind of peaceful. Like Ron, we had deer in the yard this morning. No big dog to chase them away anymore since my husky died, and they pretty much ignore my *****-tzu like she's a rabbit or something.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I'm dreaming of a white Easter by Mare749 (More snow! I can't ...)
"...they pretty much ignore my *****-tzu..."

Bridget is a *****-Poo (part *****-tzu, part Poodle and only 15 pounds), but she has a really hearty bark. Everything clears the yard when she cuts loose.
  Re: Re: I'm dreaming of a white Easter by Mare749 (More snow! I can't ...)
And we are in the 90's here---wonderful breeze off of the ocean, beautiful blue sky with some of those puffy white clouds---GLORIOUS!!!!

Miss the snow at times, though!

When I was a student nurse (last century) we had a MAJOR snow storm on Easter day---nobody could go anywhere!!! The students were rounded up for duty to cover for the Head Nurses and Supervisors---we even ran the OR---now how scary is that??? We were living in the dorm attached to the hospital because we had exams the following day--we had a break of two days before we had to face the music!!! Memories!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy