Oh What a Night We Had!!!!!
  Re: (...)
We had, without a doubt, the nicest dinner, the most wonderful food last night ever!!!! Anyone who would like to, please read the blog - just too darn much to retype. Scottie (Morris) is an old friend that I met on a forum 5 years ago and he just opened his first restaurant in Vancouver, WA three weeks ago!! It'a a fantastic place!

http://cjdacook.blogspot.com/
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! by cjs (We had, without a do...)
Holy Moley Jean! Did they need a trolley to get y'all out?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! by bjcotton (Holy Moley Jean! Di...)
What a spread! Holy cow! How in the world did you get through all the great food...he's gonna be famous!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Wow - what great food and wonderful presentation. I hate to admit it, but I don't think I have ever eaten at a restaurant with that upscale of a menu and presentation. Beautiful. I would probably be so overwhelmed, I'd order the chicken!

I know my kids would love the burgers and the pizza. What a wonderful idea to invite and encourage kids to join in the experience.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Holy cow Jean what a wonderful spread! You all look like you're having such a fantastic time. My mouth was watering just reading about all the yummies you had.

I love how you take pictures of when you guys go out. I have just got to get me a better camera so I can do that too.

So...when you start trying to replicate the food?
Thanks for such a great review! I almost felt like I was there. Great pictures, great descriptions, sounds like he's going places.
I'm going to have to find a food buddy to try new restaurants like this. Anyone live in Southern NH, Seacoast region?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! by Half_Baked (What a spread! Holy...)
I don't know how you did it, Jean and company---just looking at the review and images sent me into coma---WOW!!!

Sure wish I could be a little more creative---just 10% would make my day!!!

What a fun time you must have had---have you recovered yet???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! by Roxanne 21 (I don't know how you...)
Oh my goodness, Jean, what an amazing feast you had. And it all looked outstanding! No wonder you had such a great time, good food, good friends. I loved your review, made my mouth water. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
"So...when you start trying to replicate the food?" as soon as I get home - tomorrow!! I'm starting with the blue cheese creme fraiche - I make my own creme fraiche, so this one will be easy. Then play with adding chocolate and bitter cherries to a braising sauce.....

Steve - the restaurant, Vesta's is located 14387 S. E. Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver and the number is (360)260-4388. Your family will not be disappointed!! Tell Morris Jean sent ya'all!

and then the Sweet potato and pear soup...

I was so excited about the food, service and ambiance, I competely forgot to mention the wines we enjoyed!!! We started out with our choosing of a Washington '04, Novelty Hill Merlot - wonderful!

And Nathan, our cheese guy, chose the 2nd bottle for us - which turned out to be a favorite that we knew and loved! Washington's '03 Maryhill Winery Syrah.

Can't believe I didn't mention the wine before...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com