Amore Pastes
  Re: (...)
Have any of you used the Amore Pastes? I have used their Tomato Paste, but today I bought their Amore Pesto Paste [basil]. They have some recipes and ideas that sound pretty tasty. I copied the Pesto Shrimp with Orzo which sounds pretty good. Haven't made it, but if anyone wants it I'll post it for them.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Amore Pastes by bjcotton (Have any of you used...)
Not heard of nor tried...let us know when you do try it. If the recipe is good, you'd better post it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Amore Pastes by bjcotton (Have any of you used...)
I use the tomato paste all the time, and I love it! I also have the anchovy paste, but I sure can't remember what in the world I used it for! Hmmm, I wonder how old it is, and how long it will keep....
Tammy
  Re: Re: Amore Pastes by cjs (Not heard of nor tri...)
Amore---is that the brand name?? Not in this region--but we do have a similar product with all of those wonderful, short cut helpers. Haven't tried them though cuz I prefer the time chopping and fresh.

Tammy---anchovy paste--maybe Caesar salad dressing?? I have a tube of it in the fridge and it has been there forever---I mean a VERY LONG time like about a year or so. Used it the other day for a salad and it was still great!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Amore Pastes by Roxanne 21 (Amore---is that the ...)
Yes, that's the brand name. It's made in Italy and distributed here. I saw the pesto the other day and bought it [I too use the tomato paste & used the anchovy paste for salad dressing]. We plan on using the pesto this week, but so far have squeezed some out and tasted it. It tasted just like the basil pesto I made with fresh basil. Yummy, in fact we all had a second "taste." This is what we plan to use it in first [it's called Sicilian because Jack (the truck farmer) is Sicilian]:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sicilian Pasta w/Basil and Garlic

Recipe By :Jack Siri
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : Pasta

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup basil leaves -- chopped
3 tablespoons garlic -- minced
3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
salt and pepper -- to taste
1/2 cup onion -- chopped
1 pound pasta shells, a type with body -- cooked

Cook pasta according to directions.

In a non-stick skillet, saute onion until translucent; add garlic and saute about 2 minutes (until fragrant). Add basil and saute until wilted.

Add mixture to drained pasta and mix thoroughly. Serve either hot, warm, or cold.

Note: You can add bellpepper or whatever else you like.

Billy
  Re: Re: Amore Pastes by bjcotton (Yes, that's the bran...)
a few toasted pine nuts sprinkled over the top and I'm all over that dish!!! thanks billy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Amore Pastes by cjs (a few toasted pine n...)
And just a tad of parmagianno-regianno---this is a definite to do Billy---thanks---especially while DH is gone---have to keep him away from pasta for now, not that he is a big fan BUT I AM!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Amore Pastes by Roxanne 21 (And just a tad of pa...)
I must say I've done both of those, the pine nuts and the parm. reg. Yumm!

Billy