It Must Be Spring!
  Re: (...)
I am at Marilee's house in Portland and while I was outside smoking those nasty cigarettes I noticed some strange birds. I saw the female red bird and the male red-wing black bird. Hadn't seen either of those for years. The other day Fredia and I were sitting home and heard the most awful racket coming from outside. We discovered it was some kind of bird, never did see it, and it's call was LOUD. Even with the doors and windows closed it was loud. My apricot, nectarine, and plum blossoms are a thing of the past, I now have small fruit on the trees. The lilacs are in full bloom and the snowball tree [bush?] has blossoms have opened...some are still green in color, haven't fully developed.

What hints of spring do you have?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: It Must Be Spring! by bjcotton (I am at Marilee's ho...)
Gee, Billy, that sounds so picturesque!

Signs of spring here are apparent, also. Underneath that snow, we have.....mud.

But, I hear the birds (at least in Lowes) and see the geese and the ducks, after our heavy wet snow on Thursday, I saw bunny tracks circling our house.

Spring is taking its time here in NH, another snow "event" Wed or Thur, same as last week-We had such a mild winter, I knew we'd pay one way or another!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: It Must Be Spring! by pjcooks (Gee, Billy, that sou...)
We had daffodils and tulips coming up, then it got cold and snowed again, so I'm not sure if they will survive this or not. It's suppose to snow again tonight!

My hostas had started coming up too, but they seem to live through anything, so they will probably be okay. The mums that I planted last year have new growth on them too. And the grass was nice and green that we planted last fall. Oh well, at least we know in April that the snow won't last much longer.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: It Must Be Spring! by Mare749 (We had daffodils and...)
Autumn here, glorious weather for Easter, this is not often the case.
  Re: Re: It Must Be Spring! by vannin (Autumn here, glorio...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Aww,Steve, I thought of you when I heard the news the other night. But, you may have noticed, our SENS are coming on!
Gotta check and see how Tammy's Devils fared, when Jamie wakes up he'll set me straight on all the standings teehee
Cis
ps Still snowing like crazy here. Yesterday my friend offered to help me change back to the other bedcover
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: It Must Be Spring! by farnfam (Aww,Steve, I thought...)
Home tomorrow, so will see what's going on then...hopefully we didn't miss summer last week.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: It Must Be Spring! by farnfam (Aww,Steve, I thought...)
Quote:

Gotta check and see how Tammy's Devils fared, when Jamie wakes up he'll set me straight on all the standings

My boys clinched their division! Woohoo! Now the stress of the playoffs starts...they make me crazy I know, it doesn't take much, does it?
Tammy
  Re: Re: It Must Be Spring! by cjs (Home tomorrow, so wi...)
We had 3 nights of below freezing weather and although we coved the garden with sheets, the top 3rd of some of the tomato and pepper plants froze. Tonight will be the last night so tomorrow I'll prune the bad parts off.

As I was fussing and worrying about my 12x18 garden, I wondered how the owners of large farms deal with the stress.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: It Must Be Spring! by bjcotton (I am at Marilee's ho...)
Spring on the Delta was always so special. For 8 years my first sign was the sound of the redwinged blackbird, so joyful! The winter wheat and hay are bright bright green, the ducks are making baby ducks, the geese and swans are heading north, there are baby goats, sheep, and cows - and cutest of all th baby percherons - all long gangly legs an cuter then you can imagine. Oh, the wild iris were blooming when we were there yesterday!

I won't miss the returning swallows building nests and pooping every where or the beautiful acacia tree with it's brilliant yellow flowers - that sent my sinus' into overload.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!