Some long overdue reviews
  Re: (...)
Ok, so I've been a really bad girl...I've made lots of CAH recipes and haven't posted any reviews. I meant to...really.

So, here are some of the things I've made and what I thought of them:

Cheeseburger Soup from Splendid Soups: We loved this soup. It really did remind me of a cheeseburger...I made the recipe exactly as it was, except that I added more mustard to my own bowl, and it was sooo good! My husband didn't get to try it and was relieved that he missed it. I think it turned him off of the idea when I joked about how it was made from frozen White Castle burgers put in a blender. Oh, well, more for me.

Beef Bolognese with Soft Polenta from Weeknight Menus: I had never had any sort of Bolognese so I wasn't sure what to expect, but we ALL loved this dish! I almost made it without the sausage but I'm so glad I didn't. I didn't have crushed tomatoes, so I used diced; I should have pureed them first. The texture was a little chunkier because of that, but the flavors were still there. I'm going to be making this again real soon...this time with crushed tomatoes!

Ratatouille Chicken Thighs with Soft Polenta from Weeknight Menus: We (except my husband who only likes certain veggies) loved the vegetables in this dish; I could just make them without the chicken. The chicken was ok, but I think for next time, I'd like to marinate the chicken in the balsamic-thyme oil instead of just brushing it on before cooking.

Deviled Roasted Potatoes from Weeknight Menus: I LOVE these potatoes! I used the tiny red ones cut in half instead of quartering the big ones. They are delightfully spicy (but not too), and they get all brown and crunchy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside...I just can't get enough of them. Oh, yeah, everybody else liked them too!
Tammy
  Re: Some long overdue reviews by TwilightKitten (Ok, so I've been a r...)
I haven't tried any of these, I don't think!? will mark them all to try - thanks. (I know I already have the Cheeseburger soup marked, but haven't tried it)

speaking of reviews, we have Denise's dinner review due today....it's 8 a.m. here, but haven't seen any posted yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Some long overdue reviews by TwilightKitten (Ok, so I've been a r...)
MMmm, Beef Bolognese sounds good Tammy. How'd I miss that one?? Maybe tonite's dinner
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Some long overdue reviews by cjs (I haven't tried any ...)
Nice reviews, Tammy. I have not made any of these either--with all of the routine "upset", frankly, I haven't done too much.

The cheeseburger soup has been on my list for a very long time--when DH returns. Maybe I will make it for a 'taste test'

Don't ya just love those weeknight menus??? Gotta try the others you mentioned, too. Happy you reminded me to go back to the issue---too many things to do and not enough hours in the day!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Some long overdue reviews by Roxanne 21 (Nice reviews, Tammy....)
So, we had the Beef Bolongnese tonite. Very yummy indeed! I seemed to remember, Biba Caggiano, I think, had a cookbook and her Bolongnese had orange zest. So I added some for spark and it was a very nice touch. Also I subbed ground turkey for beef, but used the sausage. Put goranzola in my soft polenta. Got raves from James!! AND this recipe is ridiculously easy to boot. 7.5 YUMS
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life