Dole Fruit in jars...
  Re: (...)
I just noticed in the market's latest sale flyer that they are advertising several varieties of Dole fruit in plastic jars. Is this a new product? Is it different/better than fruit in cans?
  Re: Dole Fruit in jars... by Ron (I just noticed in th...)
Can't comment but sure wish I could----don't get those "exotics" here----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
We got them here either last year or the year before, can't remember now, but I have never tried them.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dole Fruit in jars... by Mare749 (We got them here eit...)
I've never seen them in Jars...hmmmmm.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Dole Fruit in jars... by Half_Baked (I've never seen them...)
Maybe it is a visual thing, they are enticing us with suggestions of the good old preserving days.
  Re: Re: Dole Fruit in jars... by vannin (Maybe it is a visual...)
Either that or showing us the actual contents unstead of a stylized label might be a good selling point.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I found these in the refrigerated part of our grocery store's produce section. Last summer I bought a jar of ruby red grapefruit for a granite (not the rock, the icy dessert) and it worked out fine. I do think that the fresh grapefruit would have had a better flavor, though, but at that time of year grapefruit are pricey (although the jarred version isn't cheap, either...).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
I always buy fresh fruit when available, avoiding canned if at all possible - don't like the heavy syrup. Some frozen fruits are okay, some aren't. Some fruits aren't even available frozen. These are in clear plastic jars - $1.85 for 24.5 ounces. Tropical Fruit, Peaches, Pineapple, Mandarin Orange or Mixed Fruit. If they look decent I'll pick up a jar or two this week.
  Re: Re: Dole Fruit in jars... by Ron (I always buy fresh f...)
I've bought these before. They're a little pricier, it seems, than the canned (I guess because they look more enticing??). I don't know if there is much, if any, difference between the plastic and the canned. I too prefer fresh fruit of course when available, but I do pick up this once in a while for a quickie fruit over cottage cheese.
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: Dole Fruit in jars... by Ron (I always buy fresh f...)
Okay, I'm on the same page as you now. I have seen these on the shelves beside the canned fruit before, but have never bought them since I rarely buy canned fruit. What I was talking about were a different product-- "fresh" fruit in jars in the refrigerated section. Pricier than the fruit on the shelves.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com