I went shopping today
  Re: (...)
at one of the Cash & Carry [Smart and Final] stores today. I bought 20.6 lbs of pork loins for $1.77 a pound there..the same ones I pay $2.99 per pound at the grocery; also 4.1 lbs of pork tenderloins for $2.62 a pound. I saw a fifty pound bag of baking potatoes for $5.49...man, some of those potatoes I'll bet weighed 5 pounds each, they were huge!

I can't wait to get home portion those loins into chops and roasts and get some of the tenderloins on the barby...some great prices there! The only thing I don't like there is those dang carts they have...the ones where the back wheels swivel and I keep running into things...and people
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: I went shopping today by bjcotton (at one of the Cash &...)
Smaller is meant to be better Billy!! 5 lb spuds wont be nearly as nice as 1 lb ones.
Quote:

I can't wait to get home portion those loins into chops and roasts and get some of the tenderloins on the barby...some great prices there! The only thing I don't like there is those dang carts they have...the ones where the back wheels swivel and I keep running into things...and people

I love doing that kind of stuff, Billy. I've probably mentioned before that I think I would have made a decent butcher if I had any muscles and could stand the cold.

Glad I wasn't in front of you and your cart

PJ
PJ
Thanks for the tip. Will have to check out Smart & Final when we have a large party! I always kind of forget that it's there because of Costco.

I got artichokes yesterday for $1.00 each! They look good too- big... we'll just have to see how they fare when cooked up. Tonight...
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: I went shopping today by SDRecipeGirl (Thanks for the tip. ...)
This is so funny. Last time I shopped the store had 15# bags of potatos for $5.49. When I went to empty them into my bin, holy cow, one potato was big enough for 4 people! I'd never seen spuds like that!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: I went shopping today by Half_Baked (This is so funny. L...)
That must be where the restaurant Claim Jumper gets their potatoes. GIANT baked potatoes there. I absolutely hate going to that restaurant because everything is served in such gargantuan sizes and you have to watch people scarf it all down- yuck!
Lori

Re: Re: I went shopping today by SDRecipeGirl (That must be where t...)
I cooked one of the potatos in the Chicken and Dumplings. We ate the pieces for 2 days and I ended up giving the rest to the dogs. They are unbelievable in size. They didn't look that large through the screened part of the paper bag that held them.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Not Santee surely? I lived in Imperial Beach.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I went shopping today by bjcotton (Not Santee surely? ...)
Too funny you guys. Just southern Californians at heart, huh? I've lived here for 22 years now but was raised in San Jose, then Carson City, Nevada for a bit. SD feels like home now.
Lori