Metal shears report...
  Re: (...)
I put my recently acquired metal shears to use twice last week. I make C@H Butterflied Chicken fairly often. The shears cut the backbone out like a warm knife through butter. Likewise with cutting a turkey down to stockpot size. I made both east-west and north-south cuts with ease. This is probably of no interest to those of you who enjoy whacking away with a mallet.
  Re: Metal shears report... by Ron (I put my recently ac...)
LOL, Ron...you tickle me to death.

I'll have to sneak metal shears out of the workshop next time I want to cut a chicken/turkey into pieces, then I'll have to sneak them back before Mr HB finds out.

Unspoken house rule: You don't touch my kitchen stuff and I won't touch your dumb ol' workshop tools.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
"to those of you who enjoy whacking away with a mallet. ' - altho, this would be one method of doing away with agression, whapping with the edge of my cleavor does it for me!!

(i love my shears too!!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Quote:

This is probably of no interest to those of you who enjoy whacking away with a mallet.

Are you talkin' 'bout me????

Been thinking I should buy something like that and dedicate them to the kitchen. If I can find them with a pink (or other girly color) handle, the testosterone around here will leave them alone

See, I can be flexible.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Metal shears report... by Half_Baked (LOL, Ron...you tickl...)
Quote:

LOL, Ron...you tickle me to death.

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week.
  Re: Re: Metal shears report... by Half_Baked (LOL, Ron...you tickl...)
Ron, I love my shears as well---a mallet??? Just when I want to cut through lobster tails!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Metal shears report... by Roxanne 21 (Ron, I love my shear...)
I have kitchen shears but they aren't a high quality. Since I don't have a cleaver, this sounds like a great solution to me.

Plus, I get to tease Mr HB that I 'touched' something in his workshop!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Metal shears report... by Half_Baked (I have kitchen shear...)
I paid up for a "Made in USA" with stainless blades. I run it through the dishwasher after each use.
This morning I tore apart a chicken carcass with my hands in order to fit it into the saucepot for soup. I don't think that I would have felt nearly so good if I had used shears!

But, Ron, it's great that they work for you.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Metal shears report... by Ron (I paid up for a "Mad...)
What kind of shears did you get Ron? I use a pair of Fiskar sissors in the kitchen since I don't like the 2 pair of kitchen shears I have....either that or a mallet and a BIG knife.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy