A New Product - Yummy!!!
  Re: (...)
I picked up a packet at the Portland Farmer's Market a couple weeks ago for a Native American Gourmet Spice Blend with Chipolte - Three Sisters Stew. Made it this week and I've been eating it for breakfast every morning - it's wonderful!!

I looked up their website today to order some more packets and found this enchilada recipe on the site - and while I was there I also ordered a spice sampler packet and the Thai Curry Paste Assortment...

But this enchilada recipe sounds so good, I'm making it with the 2nd pkg. in my packet - the website is:

www.cuisinementor.com

Three Sisters Enchiladas
(Warning -- these are killer enchiladas!)

Enchilada Filling: (Note: this is also the 3-sisters stew recipe)

1 lb. winter squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
14 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 cups canned black beans, drained (the stew recipe on the pkg. calls for pinto beans, but I used black beans - just a personal preference)
2 cups corn (fresh, canned or frozen)
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 package CuisineMentor Native American
Three Sisters Stew Gourmet Spice Blend
1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro

Prepare Three Sisters Stew according to the instructions on the CuisineMentor Native American Three Sisters Stew Gourmet Spice Blend package. Set aside.

Assembly:

15 oz. can red enchilada sauce
1 dozen corn tortillas
12 oz. cheddar cheese, grated and divided in half
15 oz. can green enchilada sauce
sour cream
sliced green onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour the red enchilada sauce in a 9x13 baking dish. Heat the tortillas for 30 seconds in the microwave, 3 at a time in between sheets of damp paper towels. Fill each tortilla with a very large spoonful of the prepared Three Sisters Stew and 1 tablespoon of the grated cheese, roll tightly and place in the baking dish. You should use up all the Three Sisters Stew and about half the cheese in filling the tortillas. When all the tortillas are filled, pour the green enchilada sauce on top. Top the enchiladas with the remaining cheese. Bake 30 minutes until the center is hot and the cheese has melted.

Serve with sour cream and sprinkle with sliced green onions.

Variations: Add cooked chicken or turkey to the enchilada filling.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

wonderful flavors! It's a good product. You have to order thru Amazon, but their website takes you there. Will let you know how the enchiladas are later this week. and then how the other products are.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A New Product - Yummy!!! by cjs (I picked up a packet...)
Sooo--could you give us (ya know, us lower beings on the other side of the world) a clue as to what the spice blend consisted of?? I logged on to the site but no help except how to order--curious as to the flavors---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: A New Product - Yummy!!! by Roxanne 21 (Sooo--could you give...)
the amazon site tells all about the different offerings.

My packet says "gr. pepper, herbs, spices, sweet chili pepper, kosher salt, chipotle, black pepper".... not much help - but it's delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com