Guess what was in my yard tonite !!!!!
  Re: (...)
James went out to the wood shed after dinner and came right back in hissing "Get out here" in a stage whisper. Out I came to see 3 big deer and a baby all munching on our back yard! A few minutes later they were all standing in the side yard preparing to cross the road. Thankfully they looked both ways, tho' not much traffic up here. What a neat sight, they were calm as can be too.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Guess what was in my yard tonite !!!!! by farnfam (James went out to th...)
with my daughter and her family (2 girls, aged 2 years and 5 months) - her husband has a Fulbright Scholarship. There are alot of stray dogs in Chile. They don't seem to bother people much and I noticed that they obeyed traffic signals! Upon further observation, I decided that they crossed with the people. While the people were waiting on the curb, the dogs waited, and when the people crossed the streets, the dogs crossed with the people. Pretty smart.
  Re: I spent Feb. in Chile by lxxf (with my daughter and...)
I'm thinking you don't mean Chile NY right? But dogs are smart everywhere. These were smart deer I think, but like I said, there isn't alot of traffic here. Heck there aren't alot of people here LOL
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I spent Feb. in Chile by farnfam (I'm thinking you don...)
Santiago, the capital and Vina del Mar a resort town to the North. There were many pure bred dogs there. But they learned to survive on the streets.
  Re: Guess what was in my yard tonite !!!!! by farnfam (James went out to th...)
The warm winter has resulted in another bumper crop of deer in our area. Eight were in our back yard again this morning. We have seen groups as large as twenty. And yes, dogs are smart - we have a 15 pound Rhodes Scholar living with us.