Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J.
  Re: (...)
geez, my note got buried - here's the recipe for a great pizza. Now, I've really got to play with a Rye pizza crust!!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

SAUSAGE-KRAUT PIZZA
Serving Size : 4

1 pizza crust ready to go
8 ounces tomato sauce
8 oz can sauerkraut, drained, and finely snipped
1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
1/2 pound Polish sausage, sliced (or sausage of choice)
1 1/2 Cups Swiss cheese (6 oz) -- shredded

Preheat oven to 425 F.

Place crust on pizza pan or baking sheet.
Spread tomato sauce over crust. Mix sauerkraut and craway seed and sprinkle over pizza.

Dot with sausage and bake 15 minutes.
Top with cheese and continue baking 5 - 8 minutes.

Description:
"Nowadays, I use a marinara sauce that I cook down for the canned tomato sauce."
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J. by cjs (geez, my note got bu...)
I have a jar of sauerkraut that needs using, and the last of some homemade sausage. I think I'll try making some into calzones. Thanks, Jean!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J. by Lorraine (I have a jar of saue...)
ohhh, calzones sound really good - and some spicy hot mustard.....now I'm hungry!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J. by cjs (ohhh, calzones sound...)
I'm thinking, if I make a double batch of your pizza dough , then, we can have grilled pizzas for supper, and I can make the calzones with the leftover dough. Then, I can freeze them, and we can have them for lunches. darn, but I'm smart, sometimes!!!!
  Re: Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J. by cjs (geez, my note got bu...)
Thanks, Jean and Lorraine! Boy, do calzones sound good right now, Maybe I'll go home and play!

It's difficult schlepping across town to get on a computer, I didn't realize how much I use it. No phone yet, either, 3-5 weeks, they say

But I can cook!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J. by pjcooks (Thanks, Jean and Lor...)
3-5 weeks??? geez, P.J., what a pain - it's sure easy to get spoiled with all our little comforts, isn't it?

I have cod and chix thawed out, or I'd be right with you two!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J. by cjs (3-5 weeks??? geez, P...)
Makes me realize just how spoiled we all are, life has become too on-demand, if you will.

And I am one of the lucky ones around here, I still have electricity and my home(s).

What wise old soul said "Instant gratification tries my patience"

PJ

Calzones tonight!
PJ
  Re: Re: Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J. by pjcooks (Makes me realize jus...)
Couldn't agree more PJ. It is spoiled that we are. Of course my Grandmother though she was spoiled when she got a coal range rather than cooking on a cut down kero tin. I suppose it is relative. One of the things I intend having when I have the kitchen of choice is a solid fuel cooker, like Cis.
  Re: Re: Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J. by pjcooks (Makes me realize jus...)
Didn't do them last night, but the dough is rising as I type!!!
  Re: Re: Sausage-Kraut Pizza for P.J. by Lorraine (Didn't do them last ...)
The calzones look and smell great! Haven't tried them, as they are for lunches. Did a double batch of dough. Error! There are only two of us. I rolled out most of it to individual pizza size, wax paper in between, and froze it all. But, I still have 4 calzones, and 3 pizzas for lunches (or midnight snakes).