Citrus Marinated Salmon with Summer Greens.....
  Re: (...)
..... In issue 40. This was GREAT!! Very tasty and easy, we even had the Orzo as they suggested. Just perfect, will definetly do again 8.5 YUMS

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Citrus Marinated Salmon with Summer Greens..... by farnfam (..... In issue 40. ...)
Hmmmm, I have the recipe dog-eared and highlighted, but haven't made it - I have salmon in the freezer...

Lorraine's another salmon nut, she'll be all over this too! (yell, if you want the recipe posted.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Citrus Marinated Salmon with Summer Greens..... by cjs (Hmmmm, I have the re...)
This is one of our FAVORITES!!!! It really is great!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Citrus Marinated Salmon with Summer Greens..... by cjs (Hmmmm, I have the re...)
Can you post the recipe? I am new to the site and love Salmon, I am always looking for different ways to prepare it. It sounds wonderful.

Thank you.
  Re: Re: Citrus Marinated Salmon with Summer Greens..... by jhall (Can you post the rec...)
here you go 'j' -

Citrus Marinated Salmon with Summer Greens
(Cuisine at home, August 2003, Issue 40, p. 11)

Makes: Four 6-oz. Filets Total Time: About 1 Hour Rating: Intermediate

For the Citrus Vinaigrette—
Combine:
Juice and minced zest of 1 orange and 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
1 T. sugar
Salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to taste

Whisk in:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

For the Salmon and Greens—
Marinate:
4 filets (6 oz. each) fresh salmon

Brush with Vinaigrette; Season:
2 1/2"-thick rings red onion

Prepare:
5 cups mixed spring greens
1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

Combine juices and zests of citrus, sugar, and seasonings for the vinaigrette in a small bowl.

Whisk in olive oil a little at a time until slightly thickened.

Marinate salmon in 1/3 cup vinaigrette for 15–30 minutes (no longer or fish will become mushy).

Brush both sides of onion with some of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Preheat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil grill grates.

Prepare greens, pineapple, and nuts; chill until ready to serve. Remove fish from marinade (discard marinade), season lightly with salt and pepper, and grill. Grill onions while salmon cooks, keeping the rings connected as best you can. Toss greens, pineapple, and nuts with some of the remaining vinaigrette. Divide greens among four serving plates, place a filet of salmon alongside them, then top the fish with rings of grilled onions. Drizzle fish with additional vinaigrette and serve.

Orzo with Arugula
(Cuisine at home, August 2003, Issue 40, p. 11)

Makes: About 2 Cups Total Time: About 15 Minutes Rating: Easy

For the Citrus Vinaigrette—
Combine:
Juice and minced zest of 1 orange and 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
1 T. sugar
Salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to taste

Whisk in:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

For the Orzo and Arugula—
Prepare:
1 cup dry orzo pasta

Stir in:
1 cup fresh arugula or spinach, stemmed, torn
1/4 cup Citrus Vinaigrette

Season with:
Salt and pepper

Combine juices and zests of citrus, sugar, and seasonings for the vinaigrette in a small bowl.

Whisk in olive oil a little at a time until slightly thickened.

Prepare orzo according to package directions; drain but do not rinse.

Stir in the arugula and vinaigrette while pasta is still hot.

Season and serve with salmon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Citrus Marinated Salmon with Summer Greens..... by cjs (here you go 'j' -[br...)
Thanks! It sounds wonderful, I am going to make it this week!

June
  Re: Re: Citrus Marinated Salmon with Summer Greens..... by jhall (Thanks! It sounds wo...)
Wow, that does sound good. Thanks for posting it Jean.

June, welcome to the forum. Come back and visit often.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."