Omaha Steaks...
  Re: (...)
I got some more marginal meat from my local market this past week - they seem to be in a downward spiral since the WalMart SuperCenter opened. I received a flyer in the mail today from Omaha Steak - $215 worth for an introductory price of $59.99. At the introductory price, I'm tempted to at least try them. How are they?
  Re: Omaha Steaks... by Ron (I got some more marg...)
We used to order these for Christmas gifts to our really special colleagues----they also have a product that includes
lobster tails.

In a word----AWESOME!!!!! BTW---that's a really GREAT bargain---try one---nothing to lose if you are a carnivore!!! YUMMMM!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Omaha Steaks... by Roxanne 21 (We used to order the...)
Thanks Roxanne, I got that mailing also and was curious about these. Glad to know they are worth it.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Omaha Steaks... by Mare749 (Thanks Roxanne, I go...)
We gave two Omaha presents last Christmas - one, steak and loster and one just steaks. Both kids loved the present!

The only downside to this was it took an act of congress to get off their email list - every day seemed like I was getting bombarded.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Omaha Steaks... by cjs (We gave two Omaha pr...)
Don't ya just love that delete button????
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Omaha Steaks... by Roxanne 21 (Don't ya just love t...)
Also included are a cookbook, a set of knives and an acrylic cutting board. Sounds like Ron Popeil "...but wait, also included is ..." Thanks Roxanne and Jean - the check is in the mail - should be interesting.
  Re: Re: Omaha Steaks... by Ron (Also included are a ...)
They are good steaks but I only buy when they make a "special" offer. They are expensive. I buy "Angus" steaks in the market--they are at the top of the "choice" USDA rating.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Omaha Steaks... by Old Bay (They are good steaks...)
Quote:

They are good steaks but I only buy when they make a "special" offer. They are expensive. I buy "Angus" steaks in the market--they are at the top of the "choice" USDA rating.

C@H says Angus is the way to go (Issue 4). I've been buying it, when available here, for some time. When I was a kid, my parents used to buy beef by the loin. It was awesome, but the old-time butcher shop there was in a different league than the market here.
  Re: Re: Omaha Steaks... by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
The old Butcher's Block we had was superb, but they sold it and the new owners products really aren't up to par. The new owners own all the meat markets in town now.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Omaha Steaks... by Mare749 (Thanks Roxanne, I go...)
Did you see the comparison of meat in the PD (Cleveland Plain Dealer) a couple of years ago? They really panned Omaha Steaks. They bought from several places around town and the best steaks were from Costco. I never shop there. I buy meat at Heinens or Vistein meats at the West Side Market.

In light of all the crap that's hit the news lately, I'm trying to go organic as much as possible. It's astonishing though, that even if you buy and prepare fresh spinach you could be poisoning yourself and your family.