T.G.I.F. - So What's For Dinner???
  Re: (...)
I'm fixing my first real 'summer' dinner - Ribs, which are basking in their dry rub as we speak and an old baked bean recipe of my sisters that I haven't made for years and years.

We got another section of our fencing done yesterday and will work on the last section of one side today - it's looking so great!! And dinner will be all ready to just pop in oven and/or grill - course a little garlic bread with the addition of a little of the mustard dipping sauce from issue 63(?).

So, what's everyone else doing?

(We did our Ethiopian dinner last nite!!!!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. - So What's For Dinner??? by cjs (I'm fixing my first ...)
We had ribs last night and I overcooked them during the oven bake so they kept breaking apart on the grill. No problem - they still were mighty tasty!

I don't feel well today (asthma) so I'm making homemade chick noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. The lack of oxygen really wears me out but the soup is easy to make and will make me feel better.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
That chicken sandwich Jean posted yesterday----I've been thinking about it all day while I have been working my *** off CLEANING!!! Sure is great though when done and all is shiney and carpets are spotless-- Now to decide tomorrow's project. It has been raining very hard here for the past two days----WONDERFUL!!! The air is very clean and fresh, garden is spectacular without the irrigation system...save on the water bill this month, maybe.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - So What's For Dinner??? by Roxanne 21 (That chicken sandwic...)
I thought for a moment you were talking about the chicken when you said "all shiny." I thought, "Hmmmm, some kind of a glaze." Then read the next couple of words I'm still having my first cup of coffee so I'm not too sharp.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - So What's For Dinner??? by bjcotton (I thought for a mome...)
DUH!!!!! some of us work ---well, sort of!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
We'll have leftover baked penne for lunch today... but we're off to the Padre game tonight so I get a night off from cooking. It'll be hot dogs, cracker jacks and more junk food!

Go Padres
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. - So What's For Dinner??? by SDRecipeGirl (We'll have leftover ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
We're having Roast Chicken, Yukon Gold/Parsnip mash, fresh asparagus, and a green salad. French Vanilla ice cream for dessert along with Rhubarb Crisp.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Probably some very fresh haddock (the fish store is half a min up the road) with Ritz crumbs toasted in clarified, cooked en pappillote (in foil) on the grill. Some peas, of course, and maybe I'll do something different and cook mashed

PJ
PJ