Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
  Re: (...)
I made this cheesecake for my work and everyone liked it so much that they wanted the recipe. I brought in my magazine to work and someone took it. Does anyone have this recipe that they will share with me? Thanks
  Re: Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe by kotoole (I made this cheeseca...)
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Strawberry Swirl
(Cuisine at home, June 2003, Issue 39, p. 39)

Makes: One 9 Total Time: 60–80 Minutes + Chilling Rating: Intermediate

For the Sauce—
Process; Simmer:
10 oz. fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered
3 T. sugar
2 T. strawberry preserves
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Combine; Whisk in:
2 T. water
2 t. cornstarch

For the Crust—
Process:
7 chocolate wafer cookies, crumbled
3 whole graham crackers, crumbled
2 T. sugar
Pinch salt

Add:
3 T. unsalted butter, melted

For the Cheesecake—
Melt; Set Aside:
8 oz. white chocolate, chopped

Blend:
3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar

Add:
3 eggs
Melted white chocolate
1 t. vanilla extract
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Swirl in:
1/4 cup cold strawberry sauce

Process berries, sugar, preserves, and lemon juice for the sauce in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.

Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth; whisk into berry mixture. Simmer to thicken slightly, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill until cold. Preheat oven to 300° with rack in the center. Coat a 9" springform pan with nonstick spray.

Process cookies, crackers, sugar, and salt for crust in a food processor until fine.

Add butter as machine is running. Pat crumbs on bottom and up sides of pan.

Melt chocolate for the cheesecake in a double boiler over barely simmering water. Remove from heat before totally melted—it'll smooth as it sits; set aside.

Blend cream cheese and sugar with a mixer until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl periodically.

Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in melted chocolate, vanilla, and lemon juice. Pour batter into prepared pan, then drizzle with 1/4 cup strawberry sauce.

Swirl sauce into batter. Drag a skewer or knife tip through the sauce to create a marbled pattern. Don't over swirl you'll get a pink cheesecake. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake until edges are set and puffed but center is still jiggly, 60–80 minutes; do not overbake. Turn off oven, crack door open with a wooden spoon, and cool cake inside 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cover cake with a towel and chill overnight. Slice cheesecake and serve with remaining strawberry sauce.

Nutrition Information (Per 4 oz.):
135 calories 60% calories from fat 23g total fat 29g carb. 183mg sodium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© August Home Publishing Company
www.CuisineAtHome.com
  Re: Re: Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe by Ron (White Chocolate Chee...)
WELCOME kotoole---how'd I miss this one---LOVE cheesecake!!

Hope you're back soon!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe by Ron (White Chocolate Chee...)
Thanks Ron, and my family thanks you too!
  Re: Re: Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe by Roxanne 21 (WELCOME kotoole---ho...)
Thanks for the welcome Roxanne, I didn't know they had this forum or I would have been here ages ago. Don't know why I have the "stranger" under my name though.
  Re: Re: Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe by kotoole (Thanks for the welco...)
The tag under your name changes with the number of posts you make. As you'll notice cjs and myself are called Pooh-Bah which means we talk a lot

Glad you could join us. We occasionally plan dinners that a bunch of us join in making and then we critique them. Not everyone likes everything or have something going on, so we join in as we can.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe by kotoole (Thanks Ron, and my f...)
Welcome, kotoole!

One of the great things about this forum is the willingness (is that a word??) of the posters to share recipes. Some of the others I've been on refer you here or there, some of which are paid, but anyone here who has the info and the time will pass it along.

Pretty cool, uh?

Enjoy.

PJ

Hope it came out great! My sis is coming up tomorrow, one of her favs, ummm--

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe by kotoole (Thanks for the welco...)
Welcome kotolle! Hope you come back and join us often. We have a great time on this forum.

That cheesecake recipe sounds great!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe by Mare749 (Welcome kotolle! Ho...)
Welcome kotolle, hope you come back often.

(...and I don't say much, I just post a lot.. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lost White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe by cjs (Welcome kotolle, hop...)
Quote:

(...and I don't say much, I just post a lot.. )

Keep 'em coming. We all want to see what comes after "Pooh-Bah."