Anyone have a Farberware 3-qt saucepan?
  Re: (...)
I'm looking at this one on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Classic...6099&sr=1-1

My Mom needs to replace her Revere Ware 3-qt which she got in a set as a wedding gift 51 years ago. I've searched around and, although the Revere Ware is still available, it is now made in China and most reviews aren't good (warps easily, lightweight, lid isn't tight,etc.).

I think that the Farberware Classic 3-qt would be choice. But Mom has a food mill which fits perfectly on her Revere Ware pot and wants the replacement to be similarly sized.

My question-- if someone HAS this particular pot, could you please measure the interior depth and width of it and post the dimensions? I'd appreciate your help (so would Mom!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Anyone have a Farberware 3-qt saucepan? by foodfiend (I'm looking at this ...)
I used to have the Farberware Classic, but gave it away when I started getting AllClad. But...I have Farberware Millennium in the trailer - don't know if they are sized the same....I'll go out and measure if you'd like. when it gets light out. Best I can do, maybe someone else will have the classic.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Anyone have a Farberware 3-qt saucepan? by foodfiend (I'm looking at this ...)
I'm not following - your mother no longer has the pan?
If not, have you considered contacting Revere Customer Disservice to see if they could help you?
  Re: Re: Anyone have a Farberware 3-qt saucepan? by Ron (I'm not following - ...)
Ron my understanding is that she wants to replace the pan with a pan that her "food mill"will fit into,I have the Faberware Millennium set and the 3 quart pan measures, interior depth is 4 1/4 inches and the width is 7 1/4 inches. Hope this helps
Tracie
  Re: Re: Anyone have a Farberware 3-qt saucepan? by madmax (Ron my understanding...)
Further down the Farberware Classic listing:

Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 7.9 x 6.8 inches ; 1.9 pounds

Is this what you were looking for?
  Re: Re: Anyone have a Farberware 3-qt saucepan? by Ron (Further down the Far...)
Quote:

Further down the Farberware Classic listing:

Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 7.9 x 6.8 inches ; 1.9 pounds

Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks Ron. I saw that measurement, but it didn't specify interior or exterior measurement (I'm assuming now that it's an exterior). Plus, I'd rather rely on a "real-live-Board-member" for the measurements rather than something that could have been mis-measured by whomever write the article/ instruction booklet.

Tracie, those are the exact dimensions of Mom's Revere Ware. I don't think that her food mill needed "exact" to fit, but I wanted to get as close-sized pan as I could.

She is still using that saucepan, but the handle is loose and nobody can figure out how to fix it. And, heck, I need a Mother's Day gift for her anyway!

Thanks, Jean, for your offer but please don't go to the trouble. I appreciate the offer, though.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Anyone have a Farberware 3-qt saucepan? by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
no, guess I don't need to - mine measures exactly the same as Tracie's......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com