Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast
  Re: (...)
Issue 40. This was EZ!! and very tasty. An excellent dish if you're looking for a change and it won't take way long to prepare. Most ingredients are stuff you already have. Looks quite fancy and you didn't really fuss. Curry buerre blanc was most yummy too. 8 YUMS
Cis
ps This is part of the "Hmm, still no oven, let's use the grill" phase I'm in now
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast by farnfam (Issue 40. This was ...)
We LOVE this recipe!!! I have figured out that I can make a whole recipe - for us - for what ever reason it makes 6 chicken breasts. I use half the chicken and half the marinade the day I make it - I usually assemble and marinate early in the day. And the second half goes strait into a ziplock with the other half of the marinade and I freeze it! The marinade seperates slightly when thawed, but doesn't affect the taste of the chicken at all. Just grill and serve with fresh Curry Beurr Blanc. Of course I make a full recipe of the beurr Blanc each time!

It is wonderful - especially if you like curry.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast by esgunn (We LOVE this recipe!...)
Hmmm, maybe it's time I re-introduced the family to curry. Strange people, sometimes they like it, sometimes they don't.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast by bjcotton (Hmmm, maybe it's tim...)
I think I made this, and I think I liked it(hey, it was many moons ago), will go pull it out again to put in the company category.

Billy, my kids thought they didn't like curry either, until I made a curried chicken salad with a little curry powder, some red grapes, mango chutney and slivered almonds (better if toasted), mayo and small dice celery. That opened their minds a bit.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast by farnfam (Issue 40. This was ...)
I didn't start subscribing til issue "60" , can I pull the recipe from this web-site?.
  Re: Re: Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast by madmax (I didn't start subsc...)
No! hee hee. I'll post it for you unless somebody beats me to it.

Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts
(Cuisine at home, August 2003, Issue 40, p. 21)

Makes: 4 Chicken Breasts Total Time: 45 Minutes + Marinating Rating: Intermediate

For the Chicken—
Prepare:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, see bottom picture

For the Marinade—
Mix:
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 T. fresh ginger, minced
1 T. garlic, smashed
1 T. paprika
2 t. curry powder
1 t. cayenne
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. ground coriander
1 t. kosher salt

For the Filling—
Combine:
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
2 T. plain yogurt
1 shallot, minced
Salt and pepper to taste

For the Curry Beurre Blanc—
Reduce:
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 T. white wine vinegar
2 T. shallots, minced

Add; Reduce:
1 T. heavy cream

Off Heat, Whisk in:
1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons

Stir in at the End:
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 T. curry powder
1 t. sugar
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes

Curry Beurre Blanc
(Cuisine at home, August 2003, Issue 40, p. 21)

Makes: 3/4 Cup Total Time: 15 Minutes Rating: Easy

For the Basic Beurre Blanc—
Reduce:
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 T. white wine vinegar
2 T. shallots, minced

Add; Reduce:
1 T. heavy cream

Off Heat, Whisk in:
1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons

For the Curry Beurre Blanc—
Stir in at the End:
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 T. curry powder
1 t. sugar
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes

Reduce wine and vinegar with shallots over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced by half, 2–4 minutes.

Add cream; simmer until reduced by half, about 1 minute.

Off heat, whisk in butter, 2 T. at a time, until melted.

Stir in coconut milk, cilantro, curry powder, sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt at the end. (Shown here with Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts).
  Re: Re: Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast by bjcotton (No! hee hee. I'll ...)
Why thank you so much and why don't you think about this for dinner tonite?? It's early enough to go to the store......But before you go post the recipe Please!!
  Re: Re: Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast by madmax (Why thank you so muc...)
Hah! Already did

We're having pork tenderloins again, with just salt, pepper and garlic as a seasoning. Mac salad and green salad. That's it, I'm to tired for anything else.

Billy
  Re: Re: Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast by bjcotton (Hah! Already did [i...)
Thank you so much, not sure how you did that above my post?... OR for your tenderlion look at issue 60 "asian pork tenderlion" it is Sooo Very Goooood and even I pulled it off
  Re: Re: Indian Style stuffed Chicken Breast by madmax (Thank you so much, n...)
I went back and edited my post Tracie, that's how I did it. Ok, it was magic

Billy