Happy Dance! Asparagus sighting in my garden!!!
  Re: (...)
They're here!! I went past the asparagus patch on my way to the compost bin this afternoon and saw them-- 8" high and gorgeous! There were only 4 spears, so I ate them while still in the garden (DH hasn't a clue) but, oh, how heavenly! Now that 2-pound pack which I bought at Sam's is not going to taste quite as good...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Happy Dance! Asparagus sighting in my garden!!! by foodfiend (They're here!! I we...)
Lucky you! Vicci, how many years did it take for the asparagus to start coming up?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Happy Dance! Asparagus sighting in my garden!!! by Mare749 (Lucky you! Vicci, h...)
Quote:

Lucky you! Vicci, how many years did it take for the asparagus to start coming up?

Maryann

About 3 years, then they went gangbusters for another 8 or so (we had asparagus every other night for over a month). Unfortunately, the yield slowed down a bit in the past few years. I planted more roots 2 years ago but they won't produce much for another year or so. Have you ever eaten this stuff fresh from the garden? I like store-bought asparagus, but just-picked is so much sweeter and more tender and just wonderful.

Spring really is here!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Happy Dance! Asparagus sighting in my garden! by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wonderful news Vicci, I am so PLEASED for you.
  Re: Re: Happy Dance! Asparagus sighting in my garden! by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
If there are two or three in the garden the fresh asparagus doesn't make it back to the house, we eat it standing there. Well, maybe a stalk or two makes it back to the invalid
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy