New Website Alert!!
  Re: (...)
At least to me - this is a great resource for potatoes!!!

http://healthypotato.com/food.asp#moreinfo

here's an example that sounds good!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...age002.jpg

Potato Samosas

Created by: Chef Sanjiv Dhar, Kabob & Curry, Providence, RI
Yield: 24 Servings
Portion Size: 2 Samosas
• 2 pounds peeled and cubed hash brown potatoes (refrigerated or fozen)
• Salt (as needed)
• Water (as needed)
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
• 1 pound, 8 ounces finely chopped onions
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 tablespoon ground coriander
• 2 teaspoons garam masala
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup water
• 24 flour tortillas (8-inch) halved
• Vegetable oil

1. Cook potatoes, covered, in boiling salted water 10 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.

2. In large saucepan or rondo, heat oil. Toast cumin seeds 15 seconds, stirring frequently. Add onions and ginger. Sauté 5 minutes or until golden. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Cook 5 minutes, stirring continuously and mashing potatoes slightly. Remove from heat. Cover; chill.

3. Stir together flour and water to make a slurry; brush along straight edge of tortilla. Roll to form a cone, with point along cut edge of tortilla. Fill with about 2 tablespoons potato mixture, pressing down. Fold the seamed flap down; brush with slurry. Fold down remaining flap to finish. Deep-fry in hot oil (375º F) until golden brown. Drain and serve.

Fresh Potato Alternative: Peeled and diced russet potatoes can be used in place of prepared potatoes.

Convenience Tip: Samosa filling can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Fill tortilla to order up to 24 hours in advance. Cover and chill: deep-fry just before service.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Website Alert!! by cjs (At least to me - thi...)
HI I am new here - this recipe looks great! can't wait to try this. I enjoy Indian food
In the picture it looks like they have peas but didn't
see it in the recipe ?
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: New Website Alert!! by mjkcooking (HI I am new here - ...)
Welcome mjkandzor, glad you could join us. cjs should be back momentarily to answer your question...she's good about that. Stick around and enjoy more recipes from other members too.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: New Website Alert!! by bjcotton (Welcome mjkandzor, g...)
WELCOME mjkandzor---it's always nice to see a new "face" here---hope you visit again!!!

Roxanne

Thanks Jean---this info is something I appreciate---LOVE potatoes in any style----will continue with my potato fests!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: New Website Alert!! by Roxanne 21 (WELCOME mjkandzor---...)
Welcome to the forum mj! Please join us often, this is a nice group.

Jean, those potato thingies sound delicious! Thanks for the website info.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Website Alert!! by Mare749 (Welcome to the forum...)
Many thanks Jean, saved to favourites. Like Roxanne I love spuddies to, anyway, any how. This site looks like a very rich mine of spuddery.
  Re: New Website Alert!! by cjs (At least to me - thi...)
The website seems to have some great, interesting recipes. Thanks, Jean! I've never met a potato I didn't love.

I can't tell from the picture if it's herbs or peas, but I usually add peas to my samosas.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: New Website Alert!! by Lorraine (The website seems to...)
Peas? Why not - sounds good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com