Members Plus
  Re: (...)
Is it true, then that they're taking away the Members Plus site altogether. My thinking is that one of the most valuable things on Members Plus was the ability to find recipes without having to look thru each magazine one at a time. Since they already have that archive working, why not just give us all access to it? Y'know like with a simple search engine?
Billyj and others who have Members Plus, will you lose access too?
Seems a waste to me to have to lose the easiest way to search our mags to find an old recipe or even one we haven't tried but we know it's in there somewhere.
Shall we email the moderators en masse requesting it be made available?? Sheeesh, they could even add $5 to our yearly subscription rate, it'd be that useful
What do you folks think??
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Members Plus by farnfam (Is it true, then tha...)
I think so, I would love to have access to it! I felt a little slighted not getting to test it - seeing as I have been a memember for a while now and a subscriber since issue 2.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Members Plus by farnfam (Is it true, then tha...)
"Is it true, then that they're taking away the Members Plus site altogether?"
We have a failure to communicate. Members Plus was up and running today (I had the good fortune of being a beta tester, since I have every magazine issue and every book that they have ever printed). There is, however, no mention of it on the CAH web site. Since they already have so much time and money invested in it, I trust that it will be with us at some time in the future. It's really good, and I told them that they should kick it out the door.
  Re: Re: Members Plus by esgunn (I think so, I would...)
just checked in over there and I still have access and it also still says 'coming soon'....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Members Plus by cjs (just checked in over...)
Quote:

just checked in over there and I still have access and it also still says 'coming soon'....

Unless I am missing it, "coming soon" is only on the Members Plus site itself, not on the regular C@H home page.
  Re: Re: Members Plus by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
oh
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Members Plus by cjs (oh...)
Ron, Jean, do you think they'd be open to at least letting us use the "search for a recipe" feature. To me that's the big attraction. But I guess as long as you guys can go search for me, I should just shut up
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Members Plus by farnfam (Ron, Jean, do you th...)
I doubt they would give access to people who weren't in the original beta testing group because we did have to fill out a few questionnaires (not a TOTALLY free lunch). Of those of you who did have the priviledge of being a beta tester, what did you tell them? I told them that it was a winner if they made a few minor corrections.
  Re: Re: Members Plus by Ron (I doubt they would g...)
Same here. I tested every video and function I could find. There were a few glitches in the videos, but they were fixed after I reported them.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Members Plus by bjcotton (Same here. I tested...)
WHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Left out, AGAIN!!!!

It would be really nice if the powers that be could allow us "old" members take a peek and have access. Like Ron, I have EVERY volume and EVERY book published--not that that makes me any more special than any body else BUT.......I would love to be able to know what you all are talking about---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy