What's Everyone Doing For Cinco de Mayo????
  Re: (...)
I love this day better than most other celebrations of the year!! So, is anyone else doing Mexican food Saturday??

Our menu

Brunch -
Tequila-Mint Scallop Toastados
Champagne

Starters -
Mexican Turkey Dip
Tortilla chips
Brendaritas (a special version of Margaritas)

Entree -
Old Family Tacos
Tempranillo or a Zin

Dessert -
Cream Cheese Flan
Merlot Port

Oh my, I can hardly wait!!

And after all that, I'll try to stay away from the forums even tho I am so eloquent and witty after a day of celebration...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's Everyone Doing For Cinco de Mayo???? by cjs (I love this day bett...)
No one does anything here. I don't think they've heard about it yet. I'm serious folks. That's probably why I've never cooked Mexican food. No one in my family does, which , is unusual that we have missed one whole group.

" I am so eloquent : I promise not to say anything. I so love it when others are eloquent!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's Everyone Doing For Cinco de Mayo???? by Lorraine (No one does anything...)
AAA come on Jean! We always enjoy your witticisms after you've had a few
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: What's Everyone Doing For Cinco de Mayo???? by bjcotton (AAA come on Jean! W...)
We usually go out to our favorite Mexican restaurant and have a feast. I don't really cook this type of food at home even though I love it.

This year, our feast will have to be sometime next week as I'm having company all weekend and have to plan more traditional meals.

Jean, your menu sounds delicious and so much fun! Could you post your drink recipe?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's Everyone Doing For Cinco de Mayo???? by cjs (I love this day bett...)
Well, we had our big party last weekend with an extensive menu... so this weekend we're laying low with just the three of us.

I'm doing Flank Steak Tacos with Mango Salsa & Enchilada Soup. Maybe some Corona with lime wedges, and that's about it!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: What's Everyone Doing For Cinco de Mayo???? by Mare749 (We usually go out to...)
Cinco de Mayo----????? Not on this side of the planet---

I had never heard of this "celebration" either until someone posted it last year----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's Everyone Doing For Cinco de Mayo???? by Roxanne 21 (Cinco de Mayo----???...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)

* Exported from MasterCook *

BRENDARITAS (MARGARITAS) - THE BEST!

Fill a glass with ice
Add 2/3 glass Jose Cuervo Mix
1/2 shooter glass of Tequila (preferably Patron, 100% de Guave)
Splash of Contreau
Splash of orange juice

Description:
"Brenda & Chuck Horton - our realtor from Weimar Barn."

didn't take long to get hooked on these...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
HaHaHa Steve, I still grin whenever I hear that one teehee
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's Everyone Doing For Cinco de Mayo???? by Lorraine (No one does anything...)
Quote:

I've never cooked Mexican food...

Lorraine, here's a no-brainer I cook when I'm in a hurry:
Brown hamburger and onion on stove.
When almost done, sprinkle with cheddar or other favorite cheese. Stir until melted and evenly distributed.
Place on tortillas (softened in microwave) and roll up.
Place seam side down in baking pan (of a size such that it is full).
Cover with Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
Obviously, you can make your own enchilada sauce from scratch if you want, but that involves more time.