Tequila-Mint Scallop Tostadas
  Re: (...)
This is an old Food & Wine recipe - wonderful!!

Tequila-Mint Scallop Tostadas
SERVES: 4

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
2 Serrano chiles, seeded and minced
1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, quartered.
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons tequila
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped mint, plus 12 mint leaves for garnish
Salt and freshly ground pepper
12 small outer leaves of Bibb lettuce
2 ripe Hass avocados, mashed with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
12 large tortilla chips
1/4 cup grated cotija cheese or crumbled feta
Lime wedges, for serving

Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the tomatoes, onion and chiles and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, 8 minutes. Add the scallops, wine and tequila. Cook until the scallops are opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Off the heat, add the Jack cheese and chopped mint and season with salt and pepper.

Arrange 3 lettuce leaves on each plate and fill with the avocado. Spoon the scallops on top. Garnish with the tortilla chips, cotija cheese and mint leaves. Serve with lime wedges.

Recipe by Jim Peyton
From Tortillas

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...STADOS.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
and another keeper - nothing spectacular, just a nice 'sitting on the deck with a margarita' dish!!

Mexican Turkey Dip

l lb. ground turkey
3 tsp. taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1 cup salsa
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
8 oz. taco chips

In a large non-stick fry pan, over medium-high heat, saute turkey 6-8 minutes, until meat is no longer pink. Stir in seasoning mix and remove from heat.

Spread turkey mixture in a 23 cm (9 inch) serving dish. Sprinkle one half the green onions over turkey and top with salsa. Spread sour cream over salsa and sprinkle cheese over top. Garnish with green onions and olives. Serve with taco chips.

Serves 6

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...KEYDIP.jpg

(and no comments about the bowl the chips are in - that's my go to bowl, I'd be broken hearted if I didn't have it.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tequila-Mint Scallop Tostadas by cjs (This is an old Food ...)
I miss out recipes with scallops and this one sounds so delicious!!

No one in my family likes them but me. And the only reason I do is I learned to love them in school

I am saving this for future use though because I know I'll have clients who like scallops and then I get to have some too.

Jean if I ever make it to your neck of the woods we're going to have a cooking frenzy hahaha!
  Re: Re: Tequila-Mint Scallop Tostadas by DFen911 (I miss out recipes w...)
You bet we will!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tequila-Mint Scallop Tostadas by cjs (This is an old Food ...)
These look terrific. I'm always looking for new scallop recipes- and I don't like them in pasta. This looks like a terrific option with the lettuce. Nice picture! Thanks for sharing...
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: Tequila-Mint Scallop Tostadas by SDRecipeGirl (These look terrific....)
Both of these recipes are keepers. Once again, very nice photos. Oh, and I think we all have a favorite go-to bowl that looks like yours. Mine was my mom's and I can't part with it.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."